News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dirt ride Sunday 11/26: The Ridge

Started by Mulley, November 24, 2017, 10:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulley

Come burn off those turkey day calories.

Gates open at 9am. Be ready to hit the trails soon after they open.

We will mostly be riding single track which has some pretty difficult sections with no bypasses. There are strains appropriate for all skill levels though.

Usually multiple skill levels show up and we split into groups as required.

Hopefully we won't end up looking like this again.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

KevinB

I'll be there...working 'til midnight on Saturday though, so I'll be dragging in sometime later.

I'll be a mediocre rider with little sleep, so anyone that wants to hit the appropriate skill level strain (trail?) with me is welcome to do so.

kylepeterson

list of things that haven't changed from that picture....

helmet
gloves
socks
drawers
roost guard
front tire
bike (both) mine and now Trey's
goons
terrain
skills

if I had thirty cents to bet, I would bet on similar stupidity happening again.

we can only hope some idiot will show up to prove him or herself a bigger idiot. James Span just rolled his eyes and said "you idiots know what's going to happen" and didn't touch his suspenders.

should be good.

;-)

just give 'er the berries !

Brian A

Quote from: Mulley on November 24, 2017, 10:20:23 PM
There are strains appropriate for all skill levels though.

I am literally laughing out loud.

I will try and get the 250 patched up and ready today. If I can, I'll try to make it.

If I do, I'll have to bug out around 1:00-1:30 due to prior commitment.

IceCold4x4

Oh I'll be there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mulley

Quote from: Brian A on November 25, 2017, 06:50:15 AM
I am literally laughing out loud.

I will try and get the 250 patched up and ready today. If I can, I'll try to make it.

If I do, I'll have to bug out around 1:00-1:30 due to prior commitment.
Autocorrect for the win.

kylepeterson

got home from the farm, washed (lol, well you know) the bike, earled the chain, loaded, colbeer'd the cooler, and semi-washed the ridin gear.

i'm pumped like a blowfish ridin a kamakaze kestrel

:D :D :D

DonJuan

I'm still waiting on reed valves to be delivered or I'd join today... Dank ol broke down bikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

IceCold4x4

Quote from: DonJuan on November 26, 2017, 07:53:46 AM
I'm still waiting on reed valves to be delivered or I'd join today... Dank ol broke down bikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got a spare set of kdx reeds here if ya want to install and ride.

kylepeterson

had to swing back to ms for a fella with a faulty ticker. seems to be doing better now,  but far from out of the woods. sure hate I missed you out of towners, but the family needs to be here right now.

post some pictures please !

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

IceCold4x4

Had a good time. Finally got to ride the rest of the beast. I'm tired. Mulley should have good video of me flipping.

Brian A

I have no pics to share.

I got the 250 case fixed yesterday and I think I got the leaky fork seal issue resolved.
I washed the air filter and it fell apart. All the seams let go and I was then left with several odd shaped pieces of foam.

I thought I had a spare air filter but I was wrong.

So I shifted my focus, got the DR 650 ready and hit the road at 8:00 am today, headed for The Ridge.

It was a brisk ride but I was dressed warmly and was comfortable for the 45 min ride.

I rode with Kevin and Boyd and a few others. No single track, which suited me just fine. I had a very good time.

Good to see those who were there, out and having fun.

Mulley

It was really good to see my buddy Mill. He flew in from Idaho and it was great riding with him again. I'll have to go through my video and see what I can put together. I was in the lead so video will mostly be of the woods and that's a little boring.

I did snap this with my cell phone. Good to hang with you again.

KevinB

Thanks to the cool kids for letting me hang out with them for awhile.

Sorry my group left you 2Smoke...didn't realize we had someone else with a similarly colored bike jump into the group. Every time I looked back and saw the red/white bike, I thought, "We're good". Wasn't until we stopped for a trailside break that I discovered we lost you.  :(

2smoke

No worries Kevin! I may be able to recall all events leading to getting separated from the group. Lets see, missed turn, not sure which turn to take, stuck in creek, emptied boots of water, stuck at small twisty rocky hill. I think that is it there certainly could be more  :D
By then my arse was pretty tired. A couple of guys came by and offered to take the bike up. Did not turn down the offer lol. Had fun and it was great to meet some new-to-me folks  :)