News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

CWMA Dual Sport Ride, Thursday 12/21

Started by KevinB, December 17, 2017, 09:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

KevinB

Looks like planets have aligned...I'm off Thursday, no rain forecasted, and a high of 63.

Let's ride around the Cahaba Wildlife Mngt. Area

Where: Meet at the Publix in Helena (4730 Highway 17), intx. of AL261 and Co. Rd. 17.

Time : 9:00am

terryrussell1

What do you know I'm off also!!

I probably wont be able to commit to Tues for sure.  Gotta see what the kids have planned for me first.

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

bblass

I'm down. Wife is wanting to head south to her family's around 4 that afternoon so I'd need to stay pseudo-local or get an early start, though.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

TFancher

I'm off this week also. I'll be watching this thread. I'm definitely a maybe.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

2372ighost

OK, I'm in Orlando Wednesday, if the plane makes it back I'm coming.
Be advised, I'm a noob on a KLR, and have not been off the hardtop on two
wheels in 20 yrs. be gentle.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

KevinB

2smoke

FWIW The range reopened recently with improvements and staff on site

WR250R

I am off work Thursday and will be there.

2372ighost

The stars really came together. I'm in!!!
"A convoy proceeds at the rate of the slowest ship."
I hope that's not me. But....................
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Fencejumper09

I expect lots of pictures and a thorough report on which roads are still open down there!

Thank you!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

Great ride today, even if it was a little slick! Really enjoyed meeting everyone.

Looks like they're starting to crack down a bit on the wildlife management area. We ran up on two to three spots where they barricaded off the trails in the big open center area. Lots of new "STOP" signs as well. Hopefully this is just related to hunting season and not the new normal. Trails in the NW corner were mostly unaffected.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

KevinB

Definitely slick out there today.

Thanks to all for coming out...good to meet Rich and Shane, and see Ben and Terry again.

Trophy of the day goes to Rich for slinging that heavy KLR around in the mud on street tires (hopefully there wasn't too much damage). Honorable Mention to Terry for the mudding the DR with 80/20 tires.  :)

Only got one pic at the lunch stop...should have some video downloaded eventually.

terryrussell1

Great day and good to meet everybody. As stated before it was slicker than snot and shinko 700 are not made for that. Gonna be sore tomorrow!!  And mad props out to Rich, u handled that beast like a champ. 

Oh yeah Rich I found you a snorkel set on Amazon. I'll bring it next time we ride!!  :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2372ighost

Oh yeah Rich I found you a snorkel set on Amazon. I'll bring it next time we ride!!  :D

Terry, make sure it's Blue to match the bike , helmet and all the new BRUISES I have all over.  :D
Thankfully the water wasn't freezing!!!

I enjoyed the hand holding on my first venture off(make that "off off") road on a dual sport. I had forgotten what a physical and mental workout it can be. Thanks to everyone for putting up with the noob!
Rich
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder