Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sportin the Free-State IX

Started by Al Goodwin, January 23, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

springer

Quote from: Windy on April 12, 2018, 10:52:27 AM
I would like to come down for the day on Saturday as long as my bike is up to it. Is there an agenda for the day?
Hi Windy,  I see this is your first post on the forum. Please go to the "Welcome " thread and introduce yourself  to the gang.
BTW, you are welcome to join any ride.  Glad to have you on board!!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Fencejumper09

@Windy Saturday make sure to get to the campsite early enough for breakfast!! The ride will start there and Allen will lead all through Bankhead!

This is one of the best Dual Sport rides around and am doing all I can to attend!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

springer

Okay, now I am a mostly likely to attend. Gymkhana will be happening to but I hardly ever drop my bike at Gymkhana, not so when I am on the dirt.  ;) It happens pretty regularly,  ;) and y'all know how much I like to "drop it while its hot"!  :D

Another huge plus is there should be plenty of folks there to help me pick it up!  ;D

And yet another plus is I have been practicing setting up my hammock! I broke the 4 hour mark yesterday! Yep, I can have it fully hung and red eye to sleep in 4 hours!! Speedy LeHammock I is!  :D

I got this ruff woods living thing down!

One question though...does Domino's deliver there?

:D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Chitza

GK is April 21. DSFS is the 27-29 ;)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

norton73

Quote from: Chitza on April 12, 2018, 06:40:23 PM

Has GK already been postponed from the 14th?
Loose nut holding the handlebars

David DoubleEX

Maybe he was going with "I shouldn't drop my bike and break it a week before the ride"? Haha!

Hey I might be able to make it to gymkhana with it being rescheduled.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

kylepeterson

Quote from: springer on April 12, 2018, 06:36:30 PM
Okay, now I am a mostly likely to attend. Gymkhana will be happening to but I hardly ever drop my bike at Gymkhana, not so when I am on the dirt.  ;) It happens pretty regularly,  ;) and y'all know how much I like to "drop it while its hot"!  :D

Another huge plus is there should be plenty of folks there to help me pick it up!  ;D

And yet another plus is I have been practicing setting up my hammock! I broke the 4 hour mark yesterday! Yep, I can have it fully hung and red eye to sleep in 4 hours!! Speedy LeHammock I is!  :D

I got this ruff woods living thing down!

One question though...does Domino's deliver there?

:D

I'll pack an extra tuna pack and some flat bread for you..

It's just like pizza but better
just give 'er the berries !

David DoubleEX

Real question though... Do we need to bring food? Breakfast and lunch is already planned. What about dinner?

springer

Quote from: Chitza on April 12, 2018, 06:40:23 PM

WAIT! WHA??? How can that be?? ???

I am OFF WORK on 4/21/18 AND I get off work on the morning of 4/27/18 NOT have to be back @ work until May 03 @ 3pm!!!!!  :D

The stars have aligned! Jupiter is in the 9th HOUSE! Mars and Venus are in LOVE!

And I, most humbled, WILL ATTEND BOTH!!

Fencejumper09

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 12, 2018, 08:01:05 PM
Real question though... Do we need to bring food? Breakfast and lunch is already planned. What about dinner?

Friday night is the Sausagefest! Bring some sausage to throw on the grill. Saturday night typically is bring your own dinner. If you are planning to ride in, you can probably send a cager some cash for their cooler space and food! Brushy Lake is not convenient to anything so plan accordingly (alcohol)!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

norton73

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on April 13, 2018, 07:57:11 AM
Friday night is the Sausagefest! Bring some sausage to throw on the grill. Saturday night typically is bring your own dinner. If you are planning to ride in, you can probably send a cager some cash for their cooler space and food! Brushy Lake is not convenient to anything so plan accordingly (alcohol)!

Order enough for lunch at Chef Troy's for a doggie bag.

;D

norton73

Actually, my plan is to trailer my klx up Friday afternoon, hopefully leaving from downtown Birmingham 1ish to 2ish. Lynn will ride her R80ST up when she gets off work 4ish.

If anyone wants me to haul anything up there, food, beer(no guarantees it will get there :D), camping gear with in reason, we can arrange something as we get closer.

Al Goodwin

Tiger3

I hope to be there again this year.

Spicciani2

I'm nearly prepared!    My last event the DRZ wore a motard rear tire with knobby up front because the Knobby rear tire has too large a sprocket for my chain....