Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sportin the Free-State IX

Started by Al Goodwin, January 23, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

Quote from: zx3fred on February 12, 2018, 11:50:25 PM
Would you be up for a new dual sport rider joining in on the action? I don't have my bike yet but I should have a few hundred miles on it by late April.

On our rides we normally have riders of varying abilities.  That's true for street as well as dual sport rides.  It's not an issue if you are slower than the other riders.  The fast riders ride fast and wait for the slower riders at intersections.  Also, some of us "veterans" aren't exactly fast.   This event is always a blast, not only the riding but also the camping and hanging around the campfire. 

You don't want to miss this!

zx3fred

That is awesome to hear that being new isn't a problem. I need to check some dates with the wife and Scout Troop and make sure I can make the event. Sounds like a lot of fun. Will the group camp Friday night and Saturday night or stay in local hotels? I'm always up for camping.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you are looking for high performance, you need to jack up the gas cap and roll another bike underneath it.

'16 KLR650 - coming soon

jrobinson

Camping both nights. You don't have to attend the whole weekend. Some camp 1 night and ride. I can only make the Saturday ride and will miss a lot of the fun stuff.

Link to 2016 ride. Video and pics on last 2 pages.   http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=727.0

springer

Okay...just got to ask this...well because.

Who is going to see how far they can ride in the corn field? :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

This is a great event for any and all skill levels. I am really hoping to get a kitchen pass and use this as a shakedown ride for this years upcoming adventures!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Bamagator

I'm riding up from N B-ham on Friday with another member mid day to explore outlying areas a bit in route and make a weekend out of it.  I'll post details a week out in case any other BHam brethren want to join up.  Fyi

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Bamagator on March 29, 2018, 06:55:41 PM
I'm riding up from N B-ham on Friday with another member mid day to explore outlying areas a bit in route and make a weekend out of it.  I'll post details a week out in case any other BHam brethren want to join up.  Fyi
What bikes will y'all be on? I wouldn't mind coming that Friday as well on my WR426.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bamagator

We both ride DRZ400S' man.  You are welcome to join.   Nothing too hairy on Friday, just ride backroads and see crap along the way I suspect.  Saving energy and bikes for the good stuff on Sat and Sun.  I'll post up details when we get closer.

griff

We might go to this. It depends on my workload. Lately its been overwhelming so if that trend continues I may not make it.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Bamagator on March 29, 2018, 08:44:26 PM
We both ride DRZ400S' man.  You are welcome to join.   Nothing too hairy on Friday, just ride backroads and see crap along the way I suspect.  Saving energy and bikes for the good stuff on Sat and Sun.  I'll post up details when we get closer.
Are you thinking dirt or paved roads? I try to keep the WR off road when I can it'll do paved roads just fine, I just prefer dirt.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bamagator

Not sure, my bud who lives on that side of the Ham is lead.  I suspect we will see backroads and some gravel for items of interest.  No single track gnarly.  Safety in numbers so think about it.  I'll post up a separate thread the week of to lock location and time of meet up.

Windy

I would like to come down for the day on Saturday as long as my bike is up to it. Is there an agenda for the day?