News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Quick trip to Tellico

Started by Jwwr, February 25, 2018, 07:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fencejumper09

Rocky Top has some amazing views! I watched a Tenere puke out its oil at one of those vistas! (it was from some exploring off the road)

Snowbird was a fun road that had some loose gravel when I was on it 2 years ago! Keep up your momentum!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

DonJuan

Quote from: Jwwr on February 25, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
It was going to be 80 and only a 10% chance of rain on Friday. So, I scheduled some PTO and headed to Tellico Thursday after work. I debated whether to camp or not. There was a line of rain that was headed that way. I didn't know if it would be cleared out by the time I got there. I didn't really want to set up a tent in the dark with it raining, so I booked one of the little cabins on Rafter Road for $45.

Should have camped! It was a lovely night. I headed up the Cherohala first thing in the morning. I met one car before I got to the Bald river falls turn off, It would be last vehicle or person I would see on the Cherohala. This would be a theme for the day. Almost no traffic everywhere I went. I made a quick detour to see the falls. It was flowing pretty good.

The road to the falls.

It was clear in Tellico when I started and a little cool. I rode through a warm air layer at about 3000'. That was nice!. The weather up high on the Cherohala is unpredictable. It was foggy, misty and cold!

I then rode Joyce kilmer over to 129 and then Meadow Branch and Rymers Ferry to Fontana Village. Rymers Ferry has new pavement.

I then rode 28 up to Deals Gap. I didn't ride the Dragon, In hindsight I should have. I wanted to go to Wayah Bald and didn't know if I had enough time. It was deserted.

Awesome pics and info.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R