Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Scooter Cannonball Run 2018 - Sat. June 2

Started by jeep8, March 01, 2018, 07:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jeep8

http://scootercannonballrun.com/

I am considering meeting this group and riding with them from Tuepelo to Etowah.
It looks like there are 56 registered riders so far.
I have a 2010 Honda Elite 110 that tops out at about 50 mph.
Looks like an interesting route across North Alabama.
If I don't ride the entire day I will ride some portion on the Northwest side of the state.

klaviator

Looking at the link it appears that this will be on Saturday June 2nd.  I might be interested in catching up with this group  as well.  I have to work that Friday night so I'd have to to it somewhere past Tupelo.

Thanks for posting this.

ScooterRick

I'll put it on my calendar. Right now that weekend is open. I could ride over to Tupelo on Friday night and stay. Ride with them to Scottsboro or thereabouts. I wonder how friendly they are to daily tag-alongs?
"No more Vespa"

jeep8

During the ride, I expect the riders who are near the top of the competition to not be very talkative during their fuel stops so the they can keep their stopped time to a minimum. The bench racing at the end of each day could be interesting, probably while doing daily maintenance. I am going to try to stay on the route, but I have never really figured out the gpx routeing thing for my Garmin Nuvi, I usually try to enter a route manually with varying results.

klaviator

This cannonball is now underway.  It's from Morro Bay, CA to Richmond, VA.  I've been reading about it on some other sites like ADV and Modern Vespa.  They are riding 350-400 miles a day for 10 days on scooters 279cc or smaller.  Many are much smaller  The route is not all paved either.  It seems like a pretty extreme ride.   I may just have to do it someday ???

Chitza

When are they expected in Richmond? I'm going up there the last weekend in June.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

klaviator

Quote from: Chitza on May 31, 2018, 03:08:21 PM
When are they expected in Richmond? I'm going up there the last weekend in June.

June 4th.  Amerivespa is later that week in Richmond.  Everyone will be gone by the last week in June. 

Nice Goat

Converted the Tupelo-Etowah stretch to a Garmin route.  Just load the attached GPX on your device.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."