News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New KLR owner

Started by BamaPhill, March 15, 2018, 08:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamaPhill

Hey guys (and girls) my name is Phillip.  I live around the Priceville/Decatur area.  I just purchased a 2016 KLR 650 from kdtrull.  Ken and I go way back, since we are related (cousins).  We actually grew up together, almost like brothers.  It's now come full circle, since I sold Ken my Honda 750 Interceptor way back in the mid 1980's.  I've been out  of motorcycling for some time now.  I grew up riding motorcycles, but haven't ridden for probably close to 30 years.  I started getting the bug to buy a motorcycle.  Ken gave me a taste of riding the KLR last fall, so I decided it was time to ride a DS and explore the back roads and trails.  Looking forward to riding again!

My "new to me" toy

The 750 Interceptor I sold to Ken back in the day...

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville and another KLR owner.  We have a great event coming up just perfect for your KLR:  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=2598.0

merc16

Welcome ! That is one nice Interceptor ! Oh and the KLR looks good too.  ;D
Justin

kdtrull

Welcome bruh....I mean cuz.

jrobinson

Welcome. We won't hold it against you being kin to Ken.  :D

Nice intro.

kdtrull

This is that same, beautiful, red, white, and blue Interceptor about 5 days after I sold it to my good buddy way back in 1988 in Rapid City, SD: :'(

merc16

Ow ! That is sad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

BamaPhill

Yep, the Interceptor was a cool bike back in it's day.  The crash photo make me cringe!

I am definitely interested in the Dual-Sportin the Free-State ride klaviator.  Bankhead is on the top of my list of first places to ride. Sounds like that would be a good one for a DS newbie like me.

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

Fencejumper09

Welcome from Birmingham! Look forward to riding with you!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chuck & Susan

Welcome aboard... Susan and I are Goldwingers from L.A. but we come north when we can. Hope to catch ya on a ride or campout.

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Guidedawg

Welcome from Montgomery.  I see fun days ahead in your future!

KrisCook

Welcome from Birmingham!  Any cousin of Ken's is a cousin of mine.  Or... something like that.  Glad to have you!
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

TFancher

Welcome from a fellow KLR rider in Tuscaloosa. The Free State Ride is a great event. I hope you can make it.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

lazeebum

Welcome from Florence. I also have a KLR.

LawnmowerRG

Hey hey hey from the ham area.
We need to get you hooked up with Rob down there. Y'all be careful. I hear that Yankee Florida area can be kinda rough.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.