News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Off of Greasy Cove Road

Started by Frank Smith, July 15, 2018, 03:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Smith

A friend of mine told me that Greasy Cove Road near Elora is a good area to ride so @David DoubleEX and I decided to give it a try today.  Although we didn't stay long because of the rain, we did do some exploring an we weren't disappointed. The trails are just right as far as challenging.  Lots of rock and hills. There are several Creek and dried wash crossings too. I would not recommend this trail system on a big adventure bike. Its suited more towards small dirt bikes and 690 KTMs and the like.   We ventured off the main trail a few times and those trails are a lot of fun. I attached a few pics and a kmz file from locus.  There's a lot more to ride here than what we explored today. We never seen gates or no trespassing signs.  We are definitely going back. 

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

Never mind the pics, file size too large.  :'(
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

See attached for the KMZ map file
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

And here's the locus screenshot
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

springer

Quote from: Frank Smith on July 15, 2018, 03:02:26 PM
A friend of mine told me that Greasy Cove Road near Elora is a good area to ride so @david double EX decided to give it a try today.  Although we didn't stay long because of the rain, we did do some exploring an we weren't disappointed. The trails are just right as far as challenging.  Lots of rock and hills. There are several Creek and dried wash crossings too. I would not recommend this trail system on a big adventure bike. Its suited more towards small dirt bikes and 690 KTMs and the like.   We ventured off the main trail a few times and those trails are a lot of fun. I attached a few pics and a kmz file from locus.  There's a lot more to ride here than what we explored today. We never seen gates or no trespassing signs.  We are definitely going back.

@Frank Smith, you might want to look into a photo/video hosting site. Vimeo (video), Photobucket, are just 2. Yea, they charge a fee, but for even the lowest and cheapest account, you get space to organize and post all your pictures/videos and such. Since they are being hosted else where, the size restriction is gone. A Photobucket app has been installed on this site so even the largest photo file will not take up a extremely large space. Plus most have a photo/video editor built into the site so you can color correct, crop, and other things to make your photos and videos stand out.  ;) ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

marquez7890

Next time I want to join y'all.

Frank Smith

Reduced the file sizes so I could post the darn pics.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

telejojo

Frank Smith

Well, it's always the Indian, not the arrow. Depends on your ability. I would never say you could or couldn't as I am not one to judge. I know I sure couldn't.  I'll be going back soon and getting some video to post in another ride report. 
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

griff

I'd like to go next time as well. I've heard about this area for quite a while but have never ridden it.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

I forgot to mention that I did speak with the fellow who told me about this area. He said that if we follow the trail all the way to the end it will come out on HWY 65. He said if we go South from there a few miles, we will see another trail to left that will take us up near Walls of Jericho. @David DoubleEX and never got that far because we were exploring other trails off the main one, until we decided to call it quits due to threat of rain.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F