News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Great Falls Tennessee - Pics/Video

Started by BamaPhill, July 16, 2018, 11:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamaPhill

Went on an all day ride with kdtrull up to Rock Island State Park area.  Our first photo stop and water break was in Shelbyville, TN.  Not sure what the purpose of the falls are here, maybe power generation from days past?  There was a park surrounding it.

We meandered through back roads and small towns like Bell Buckle, TN.  We crossed over (EDIT) Great Falls Center Hill Dam right before arriving at Rock Island State Park. 

It was just a stone's throw to Rock Island State Park from the Center Hill Dam.  The first place we stopped was a recreational park area that was really nice.  It had a beach area and a really nice pavilion. 

Next we stopped off at the Great Falls waterfalls.  Super cool area below the Great Falls Dam that creates beautiful waterfalls and swimming areas.  Stunning views.

In this same area, to the left is Twin Falls you can see in the distance.

Before we left, I had to snap a photo of this really cool Royal Enfield motorcycle. Didn't see the driver around, would have like to chat with him.

We then started making our way around to the other side of the river to Twin Falls.  The bridge road over Great Falls Dam was closed, so you have to work your way around.  Would be nice if they would open to foot traffic.

Twin Falls, nice!

My riding partner for the day:

Some goofy guy:

Powerhouse:

We left there and continued our roundabout way home on the backroads.  We stopped off in a small railroad town named Wartrace, TN.  What is it with all these weird Tennessee town names??  Neat little place.

It was getting kind of late and we were getting hungry.  We decided to stop in Lynchburg and grab a bite to eat.  We arrived about 7 pm.  The place was a ghost town!!  On a Saturday?!  Apparently, they roll up the carpet and turn out the lights at 5 pm.  So, we got a picture while we were there.

We ended up getting something to eat in Fayetteville.  I made it home about 10:30, LONG DAY but fun day!! 

A little video of our adventures:

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

norton73

Looks like a nice ride, thanks for sharing it with us.

Is the town Wart Race or War Trace?
Loose nut holding the handlebars

BamaPhill

Quote from: norton73 on July 16, 2018, 01:44:41 PM
Looks like a nice ride, thanks for sharing it with us.

Is the town Wart Race or War Trace?

It would not surprise me the least bit to find out Wart Race, Tennessee actually exists! :D
2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

renchinrider

Fun trip report, and great pics...Thanks for sharing!  Glad y'all had fun!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Looks like a great area to ride.  I think I need to do an overnight trip up there some time.  There's a road in the area I'd like to ride.  https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Livingston,+Tennessee+38570//@36.3026257,-85.1757393,15z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x88670c554ccf1e1d:0x4b9ba51ba2d27f32!2m2!1d-85.3230221!2d36.3833961!1m0!3e0