RFP #6 - Bridges, Vistas & Pie - Sun., Nov. 8th

Started by gharshman, October 13, 2015, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

KevinB

Zeus

I don't wanna get off topic but I greatly appreciate the gpx files you've uploaded.
FYI, I click on it and open with "Moto map" app on my iPhone. For those occasions I don't wanna take the time to hook up my nuvi 550.
I'll let BR know "how it works" 😜

icychaos

I can't figure out why when I import the gpx files it just has straight as the bird flies lines to 4 waypoints instead of the actual route.
Im using Garmin Basecamp.

I see the same results when importing into google maps as well. Attached screenshot

Nice Goat

For "routes", my GPS program only exports the waypoints.  Each waypoint is generally a turn.

For "tracks", it has a breadcrumb every 15 feet, but that is a larger file.

If you want to try the track file, it is attached.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

icychaos

Thank you. That helped. Im new to the GPS importing / creating trips etc. but I think that will work.

Nice Goat

Yankee Dog

Quote from: icychaos on November 02, 2015, 02:53:27 PM
I can't figure out why when I import the gpx files it just has straight as the bird flies lines to 4 waypoints instead of the actual route.
Im using Garmin Basecamp.

Make sure you unit is set to "routes" and not "cross country" or some such.  Cross country will take you as the crow flys.   Routes will keep,you on the road. 

polarissalesman

Not looking good if what the weathermen are saying comes to pass...... and to think I took my only Saturday off  to do this ride and it's gonna rain  :'(
"keep the rubber side down"

Nice Goat

Okay, I'm moving the Ride for Pie to Sunday.  Everything else remains the same.  Breakfast at Goodwin's at 8AM.  Ride starts around 9AM.  Sorry for the change, but I hope you all can still make it.

jrobinson

Good call. We're still in. If we aren't there when you leave out, we will catch up.

speedfire

polarissalesman

polarissalesman

forgot son is leaving in the morning for Ft Smith, Ark.....don't think his momma is going to leave b4 her baby does..... :o

klaviator

I got my mud fix today.  I'll be there for some street riding in the morning.

KevinB

I'll meet y'all at Swann Bridge.