Any one up to ride to Lynchburg, Tn - October 24th

Started by bergman32, October 14, 2015, 05:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

bergman32

I'm going to  Lynchburg, Tn on Saturday October 24th for the World Chilli Cook off. I'm  working on a ride route from Scottsboro, Al  to Lynchburg, Tn and I'm  going to pre ride the route this weekend. If interested let me know.

Chuck A.

I would love to,,,,,,,,,,,, my daughter has ANOTHER volley ball tournament. 4th Saturday allday volleyball in a row. Volleyball is getting old!
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Johnny Tobyone

Near Huntland... Fish hatchery road to Champ to Tucker creek to Champ to Dry prong to Louise Ridge to hwy 50 into Lynchburg...that's confusing ??   Chuck my daughter did Volleyball from 12YO though Jr. college a lot of fun times but some tournaments take forever. at least you don't have to worry about weather delays!
R1200R
CRF450L

bergman32

I've got route worked out and it is around 70 miles from Scottsboro, Al to Lynchburg, Tn. Will pre ride route Sunday the 18th. If anyone wants to tag along let me know.

Nice Goat

Fixed the title -- changed from Sept. 24th to Oct. 24th.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

bergman32

Thanks. I didn't catch that. This is first time planning a ride and not sure how to put route on site. Just have tablet and phone.

bergman32

Can I get a moderator to move this to planned rides. Thanks

bergman32

Ride will start at Bruce Foodland 1402 County  Park Road 35769. Meet at 9am KSU at 9:30 there is a McDonald's  across the street if you want to get here early to eat before the ride. Ride will head west on Hwy Al-72W to Hwy Al-79N. then to Al-146W to Al-65N to Tennessee  state line and road  changes to Tn-97N. Take Tn-97N in to Huntland to Indian Creek Rd. Turn left go to US64W. Turn left on 64W to Tn-121N turn right and then left on old Winchester Rd. right on Fish Hatchery Rd. To Champ Rd turn right go toTucker Creek Rd turn right.Tucker Creek Rd will make a slight left and becomes Champ Rd. Go to Dry Prong Rd turn left go to Louis Ridge Rd then a slight left on Tn-50W that take you into Lynchburg, Tn.

bergman32

I did a pre ride today for ride to Lynchburg on Oct. 24. Beautiful ride leafs are starting to change color and by next weekend there will be a lot of colors. Roads were in good shape, some gravel from driveways on Hwy 65. There was a couple of motorcycle group's in town square. Looks like nice weather for next Saturday.

lazeebum

Chuck, enjoy the volleyball while you can. Basketball season is coming soon. ;D

Chuck A.

Quote from: lazeebum on October 18, 2015, 05:06:13 PM
Chuck, enjoy the volleyball while you can. Basketball season is coming soon. ;D

With softball on it's heels. :P

I don't mind volleyball at all. It's those 8 am to 5:30 pm days on those hard bleachers that wear my back out. She a senior so I will be there as much as I can. As for next Saturday, I was thinking the ride was this past Saturday. Won't know until next Friday because of playoffs.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

gene46

I am thinking about meeting up with you on this ride. I would be leaving from Lincoln at 6:30 or 7. Route would be Lincoln/Gadsden/Guntersville/Scottsboro. Anyone interested in meeting me on the route? This sounds like a fun event http://www.jackdaniels.com/bbq#activities . Thanks bergman32!

hawkvtx

Love to come along but alas it's my weekend to work. Ride safe and have a good time.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

bergman32

Going to be nice day for ride to Lynchburg tomorrow. Other things besides the BQ cookoff or Country Dog Contest,Butt Bowling, and Bung Toss competitions along with cooking and grilling demos,live mucic/entertainment, pie auction,and a petting zoo. It starts at 11am tomorrow.

bergman32

I initially that this was a Chill cookoff but it is a BQ cookoff . Sorry for confussion.