News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Ride to Mt Cheaha Saturday Nov 7th

Started by hawkvtx, October 15, 2015, 03:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

hawkvtx

Meeting some friends from various parts of the state at Mt Cheaha State Park for lunch on Saturday Nov. 7th.  Most of the folks there will be from the VTXOA or the VTX CafĂ© but there will be other people on all kinds of bikes there too. We usually congregate around noon and have lunch at the restaurant at the lodge. It's a buffet and really good. This will be a medium paced street ride for me  so anyone that might want to come along with me just let me know. Leave Scottsboro at 9am and follow the route in the link. If you're coming from a different part of the state that's fine, just grab a friend and meet us up there.  Or if you wanna meet up with me along the way that's fine too.
We've been doing this for over 5 years now and it's always a lot of fun whether the turnout is small or large. Especially you VTX riders here on the forum this is good chance for you to meet up with people that can answer any questions or address any concerns you may have about you scoot.
My biggest concern at this time is the Bama LSU game. I haven't seen the kickoff time yet but this is usually a night game and I'm thinking that no matter what part of the state you come from you should be able to make it back by kickoff.
So post up here if you think you might be coming and particularly if you want to ride in with me. I usually try to give the restaurant staff a heads up on how many so we don't overwhelm them all of a sudden. That is if the turnout it large. I've seen as many as 60 bikes show up and as few as 5. So it could go either way.

http://mapq.st/1LwhCw7
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

bergman32

Wayne I'm  going to try and make your ride.

hawkvtx

Sounds good.
Anyone else just chime in.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

backinthesaddle

All depending on game time. I'll keep you posted.
Suzuki M109R

backinthesaddle

Game time just announced for 7:00. Going to try and make the ride.
Suzuki M109R

hawkvtx

Cool. Look forward to seeing you.
Anyone else just chime in.

2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

hawkvtx

Bump for this.

This is a week from Saturday. So if you're thinking about coming please post up.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

icychaos

I may be able to come. I would be coming from the south though. Pelham Chelsea area. If anyone wants to ride up with me lemme know

IceCold4x4

not sure what plans the wife has yet, but if i can get some exhaust work and carb resorted by then i'll likely be there.

hawkvtx

2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

hawkvtx

Checked the 7 day forecast and it looks like the weather is going to be on our side.
Temps normal and only a 20% chance of rain. I'll keep an eye on it though.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

bergman32

If it's not raining I'll be there two up. Where do you want to meet in Scottsboro?

hawkvtx

Well if it's not raining meet me in front of the Triple R Bar BQ. However there has been some discussion due to the dicey forecast to move this back a day to Sunday. Once I get a better handle on it I'll post up and let everyone know.
Seems the forecast for up here in N Alabama calls for rain ending early am on Sat but down in the Anniston area it's showing a 90% chance and not ending until much later in the day. I personally think moving it to Sunday would give us all much better weather but I realize some may already have church or other plans.
But stay tuned and we'll make a decision as soon as I get a consensus from everyone.

Please chime in with opinions here!!
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

bergman32

Sunday would be fine with me. Looks like the better of the two days as far as weather.

IceCold4x4