News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Fall Foliage ride with the Crooked Road Riders

Started by klaviator, October 31, 2015, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I decided to go for a ride with the Crooked Road Riders today.  The forecast did call for a pretty good chance of rain but we still had a good turnout at the meeting place in Gurley.

A couple of more bikes showed up after I took this pic.  I didn't get a count of bikes but we had a variety which included a Sidecar rig, trike and Spyder.  Although most of this group is a bunch of old people (like me  8)) on big heavy touring bikes, this group likes to ride on twisty roads at a fun pace.  We headed East on 72 then rode on 65 through Paint Rock Valley.  We worked our way over to 39 down Crow mountain where I took a few pics on the go.

The leaves where pretty colorful but they would have been a lot nicer with some sunshine to brighten them up.  Lack of sunshine did not detract from the fun of riding a bunch of curves.

Someone got a pic with me in it at our first break in Stevenson.

Crossing the TN River:

More hairpins on Dougherty Gap RD

Taking a break.

This would have been real colorful on a sunny day.

We stopped for lunch in Trenton.  We ate at a Buffet place called Larry's.  Good food.  I'd recommend it.  After that we took a fairly direct route back as it was starting to rain.  It was never more than a light rain. 

I ended up riding 250 miles.  It was good to get out, ride some fun roads, enjoy the scenery and meet and spend some time with other riders. 

Zeus

foodog2

springer

Quote from: foodog2 on October 31, 2015, 10:35:33 PM
Was a great ride, thank you for the pictures
Hi Foodog! Introduce yourself to the group here;

http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?board=1.0

Tell us a little bit about yourself, what you ride, when did you start riding motorcycles, where you grew up, stuff like that. THANKS!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

foodog2

I take it something happened to the forum because I have been on the site a few years and ridden a few times.

Yankee Dog

That's for report Klav.  Looked like a good time.  And considering the rain the colors looked better than I would have expected. 

klaviator

Quote from: Yankee Dog on November 01, 2015, 08:17:06 AM
That's for report Klav.  Looked like a good time.  And considering the rain the colors looked better than I would have expected.

The colors looked better than my pictures showed.  Although I take a lot of pics, I'm still an amateur with a relatively cheap camera.  Luckily, there where some pretty good photographers with better camera's along on this ride.  I'm going to post a few of the pics they took.

This was my second ride with the Crooked Road Riders.  On both rides people took a lot of pics.  I think that most of the women riding as passengers had high end camera's and where able to get some great pics while riding.  There are more pics on the Crooked Road Riders FB page.

klaviator

Quote from: foodog2 on November 01, 2015, 07:02:44 AM
I take it something happened to the forum because I have been on the site a few years and ridden a few times.

The forum crashed and was re-started from scratch.  I'm guessing you were the guy leading the ride yesterday?

klaviator

Quote from: foodog2 on November 01, 2015, 08:55:17 AM
Yep, that was me.

Thanks for leading the ride.  It was a good pace and not what most people would expect from a bunch of "old Folks" riding big touring bikes.  I thought it was a great route.  See ya next weekend in Vinemont.

Argh Oh