News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Bankhead 11-11-15

Started by kdtrull, November 10, 2015, 07:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

kdtrull

Not too far removed from the neck-bone, it is on.

NW AL meet-up at the old Outpost 72 on 72 at 0800.
Main meeting at the zippy-mart at the intersection of highways 36 and 33 on the north end of Bankhead, 0900 to 0930.
No route, just ride and explore...maybe re-visit some of the classic stops.  I hear some normally closed gates are open....maybe no one will shoot at us.

Yankee Dog

Dang it.  I got an appointment for the mornin tomorrow.  And a new tire that I ain't got around to puttin on yet. 

I do want to do the Tn DD sometime.   I might even spring for the map. 

kdtrull

Quote from: Yankee Dog on November 10, 2015, 08:53:19 PM
Dang it.  I got an appointment for the mornin tomorrow.  And a new tire that I ain't got around to puttin on yet. 

I do want to do the Tn DD sometime.   I might even spring for the map.

I think it's cool to support the creator of the map but I have an "enhanced" .gpx file I'd happily give you that includes many more roads.
You know, with a little baby powder, vasoline, and elbow grease, you could easily make the zippy mart by 0930.
Otherwise, it's gonna' be a relaxed ride.  You could easily manage with that front you have now.

Edit:  Oh yeah....in regards to your appointment.....Dude, where's your priorities???  ;D
Edit 2:  Yeah....I know I missed the entire Goodwin shindig so don't even start with me!

Johnny Tobyone

R1200R
CRF450L

jrobinson