A trip to the drag strip. With free frozen bits.

Started by IceCold4x4, November 14, 2015, 09:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

So last night was the happiest and most miserable I've been on a bike yet.  Managed to get under a 12 second pass after trying for about 5 trips now.

Much better than my previous best of about a 12.4. Still can't keep the front end down after strapping it.  Guess I'll have to put an extended arm on it to do much more.  Grabbed a bit of air snatching 3rd gear... Man what a ride that was. Hopefully a friend will come through with some video.

But the WY back home was the most miserable I've ever been.  37 degree weather.  All I had for gloves were some freeze out liners and mechanics gloves.  That combo works for about 10 min.  IE my ride to work.  But I think I'm gonna pick up some cortech scarab gloves for the winter. Maybe some heated grips too.  And shoes got my feet were frozen.  Just had on tennis shoes due to leaving straight from work.  My river road jacket with the liner did pretty well actually.  But I think 35 degrees or so is the limit for that. Also going to look into how to keep the air off my chin / neck. Maybe a balaclava.

But all in all I'm still impressed the 15 year old girl can still get down and boogie.  I'm sure there is more left in it,  but I'll have to find somewhere I can practice the 60ft for quite a while.

And worst case scenario the planned power upgrades this winter will net me a 10 second pass.....

merc16

Good to see your 'Rex is running well. I have the Cortech Scarab's. They are a good winter sport riding glove. You will still have decent feel for the grips.
Justin

IceCold4x4

ya it just might be enough to hand with your 12 if it's still stock.... Yours is still much better looking.

IceCold4x4

Apparently I went stupid and only managed to get 1 pass recorded. the other 2 hours of footage is mostly of the under seat storage area. ..

merc16

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on November 15, 2015, 06:07:22 PM
ya it just might be enough to hand with your 12 if it's still stock.... Yours is still much better looking.

What, this old thing ?

Just kiddn'...
Justin

IceCold4x4

Quote from: merc16 on November 18, 2015, 08:23:16 AM
Quote from: IceCold4x4 on November 15, 2015, 06:07:22 PM

What, this old thing ?

Just kiddn'...

btw if you ever want to get rid of those awful shocks and forks just let me know. . .

also go some video of the passes from an external view im in the closest lane on both passes.