News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

EPIC trip planning

Started by Chitza, November 17, 2015, 02:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

I picked up a 35L Givi top box from Shepcam last fall and finally got around to installing it.

The OEM tail rack was not compatible so I removed it and fabricated one out of a scrap piece of wood. Sanded very smooth and two coats of Kilz primer, four coats of black enamel and I'm not worried about weather damage. I mean, it was free and there's more where that came from.

I drilled holes to match the stock tail mount. Bolts, locking washers and wing nuts for easy enough removal. 5mins Max to return to stock and I have watertight storage.

I don't plan to have much weight in it so I'm not concerned, though I couldn't budge it with all my weight.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Chitza

Chitza

18 days and counting!!! New tires and rear suspension next week. New SPOT on the way. I'll post the link in a ride report thread. 11,000 miles round trip.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Chitza on June 17, 2016, 07:23:57 AM
18 days and counting!!! New tires and rear suspension next week. New SPOT on the way. I'll post the link in a ride report thread. 11,000 miles round trip.

I mounted tires last week, greased linkage and rear suspension last night....oil change TONIGHT.

Ordered some "quick-dry" boxer-briefs last night....still looking for socks.

Start making a list, finally, tomorrow :-\

Start packing tomorrow as well. 8)

Chitza

Hahaha. You know my list was made in January! Start packing this week!

kbishop

A few years ago I found the luxury of compression socks. These are used by folks traveling on planes for 8 hours plus. The keep the circulation up and keep the blood from pooling at your feet. There are several brands. I have worn out 3 pair in 3 years. They are great when street riding for several hours. Here is a link to some on Amazon. Or just google travel compression socks. https://www.amazon.com/Travelsox-TSS6000-Graduated-Compression-Performance/dp/B0077JWV6I