News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Bama's all Wet

Started by klaviator, November 22, 2015, 07:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

No, I'm not dissing the football team.  I was just reminded on my ride yesterday of how much water there is here in Alabama.  Unlike my last few rides, this one was a solo ride.  I had no real plan.  I just made it up as I rode along.  I wasn't expecting many colorful leaves to be left but.....

Took a break by by the lake in Guntersville.

On the other side of Guntersville.

Wyeth Drive. Super twisty and still colorful.

Cox Gap Rd. I turned around to get this pic. I was actually going the other way.

Don't ask me to spell the name of this waterfalls. This is the most water I have seen flowing here.

Then I stopped by Cycle World in Gadsden.  This place used to have a bunch of scooters in the showroom.  This time there where none to be found :(.  Scooters seem to be dying in Alabama.  At least no one seems to be buying them and dealers are no longer stocking them :(

Then I headed back North on some roads I had never been on before.  Not having GPS or even a decent map I ended up lost a few time.  I found some nice if not spectacular roads.

I have seen many lawn ornaments but this is the first time I have seen an Airplane.

klaviator

I figured with all the recent rain that High Falls would probably have some water flowing so I stopped by and checked it out:

My favorite viewpoint:

I was in the mood to walk a bit so I crossed the bridge in search of a different view of the falls.

A couple of year's ago I rode to Buck's pocket with JRob and Hawkvtx.  I hadn't been back since so I decided it was time.

last time there was water flowing over the bridge.  this time I was able to ride to the other end of the park.  Then I turned around and back tracked.

Heading towards Guntersville.

Yankee Dog

lazeebum

We are fortunate to live in such a good place to ride. I know that there are better places, but I like north Alabama just fine. Actually I ride in south Tennessee a lot.  Basically we live in a good area, check it out.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

norton73

Short Creek, which parallels Town Creek, was running yesterday.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

klaviator

Quote from: lazeebum on November 22, 2015, 08:42:58 AM
We are fortunate to live in such a good place to ride. I know that there are better places, but I like north Alabama just fine. Actually I ride in south Tennessee a lot.  Basically we live in a good area, check it out.

We are lucky.  There are places with better riding but when you look at the fact that we have year round riding, low cost of living and lots of great folks to ride with, Alabama is hard to beat!

klaviator

Quote from: norton73 on November 22, 2015, 10:03:07 AM

Great pic, were you the photographer or the subject?

klaviator

I had never been to the Guntersville lock and dam so I took a little side trip. 

Almost home.

Total for the day was 255 miles. It was great to have such a nice day to enjoy some of the great scenery we have here in Northern Alabama.

Muss

Wow. Looks like you had a great ride. I was sick in bed all day yesterday

norton73

Quote from: klaviator on November 22, 2015, 01:58:56 PM
Quote from: norton73 on November 22, 2015, 10:03:07 AM

Great pic, were you the photographer or the subject?

I took the pic after I ran the falls, called Grotto falls. The one coming off the top is my wife, Lynn.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

RubyRider

Nice report, great pics!

Thanks for taking us along. 

Sometimes the solo rides can be a real "Mind Reset."
If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!