News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Place to get custom textile jackets?

Started by TechnoTherapist, November 29, 2015, 04:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechnoTherapist

As the thread title suggests, does anyone know of any place to get a custom textile or mesh jacket made?  I have been completely unable to locate a place online.

I've lost 160lbs in the past two years, so my old stuffs that I made fit no longer do, but I'm still short and rotund as I still have another 80+ pounds to lose for my goal.  I just had new leather chaps, vest, and a jacket made by LEATHER-SHOP.BIZ.  They do good work with leather, but don't expect them to be quick.  Expect it to take twice as long as their websites 3-4 week delivery time.

That being said, I've been COMPLETELY unable to find anything for summer wear other than a leather vest.  I've hit every shop I can find and tried on everything in the men's section and a few on the ladies side.  Everything is either European sizes (meaning my normal XXL shirt wearing frame has to get a 6XL, which almost no one carries), or I have to be 6.5 - 7 feet tall.  Jackets usually hit mid thigh instead of at my waist, and sleeves are usually 6 or more inches too long.

I've been on the hunt for a light weight, mesh, summer jacket since April and have yet to find anything.

For reference, I'm 5'7", 255lbs, and in jeans I wear 48x30's... however the measurements I just had everything made to was a 52" chest and 60" waist.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cy

bergman32

Try RevZilla.com or you can call Erick M. for questions or assistance in put a order together at 877-792-9455. They helped me with jacket and pants, I'm  6ft 295.

Yankee Dog

www.motoport.com

Pricy.  But it suppose to be extremely good stuff.

maydaymike

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

TechnoTherapist

Thanks guys!  It looks like motoport is the winner.

I called revzilla back in June or July and they didn't really have anything that would work with my frame.  Same with CycleGear, though we did try a few that I then returned to my local store.

I'll be ordering from motoport next spring, so I can order with fresh measurements as I continue with the weight loss.

Thanks again!

Cy