News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hale mountain excursion

Started by Muss, December 06, 2015, 06:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muss

OK so headed east from Tony through Newmarket down mountain fork Lane. Ran and some hunters said that was in an area that can be writte down mountain fork Lane. Ran in some hunters said that was in an area that can be ridden so I headed up to old Winchester Road towards Huntland. Random people talking about hail mountain off-road club.

20–44 Hale Mountain Ln
Elora TN 37328

Stopped in there. Apparently they have big rides with all sorts of different vehicles once  a month or so. The next one is until February. Supposedly they have a Facebook page.  Random another guy suggested I had to skyline preservation area which is kind of north of Scotsborough. Started working my way over there and kept turning off looking for side trails and ran into what I'm calling Logging Trail

111 Deerfield Ln, Huntland, TN 37345
https://goo.gl/maps/YKAY1qWWQ1P2

It was pretty rough. Not trrribly messy but significant puddles and very rocky and steep.  Pretty stream at bottom I crossed.

End of the line here.

Got wet again.  Was getting late so I headed home. Down Winchester to Alabama line road

Just a great ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Looks like some nice riding and not far from Huntsville!  I'll have to go check it out some time.  Thanks for posting.

Muss

Yeah man. I will be heading that direction again soon. There's a ton of fun back woods paved stuff up there for street bikes.

DirtHammers

super nice ride...

What bike were you riding? Would love to ride that route one day.

Muss

Klr650

DirtHammers

Quote from: Muss on December 09, 2015, 02:14:12 PM
Klr650

I hope to be adding a klr650 to the garage this weekend.

Muss

Nice

lazeebum

Nice ride report. Good pictures and thanks for sharing.

griff

I've ridden at Hale Mountain numerous times. It's pretty rocky and steep in places for a large dual sport. Still a fun place to ride and run by absolutely great people. Hollytree off road park near Princeton is another local place to ride. Same deal as far as being a bit rocky and steep for a large dual sport. I've been all over the park on my XR650 but I was working hard for it and falling over a lot. You have to buy a membership but another extremely good place to ride is CMRA. It's just north of Skyline over the TN state line. I think it's around 17,000 acres of riding area. They do a short season every February and March for $25/month. They have over 100 miles of Singletrack and lots of more open trails. This is a place that you are really just limited by how much time and fuel you have. I normally post up a for the march riding and try to get people to come try it out. There's a group of us that does March at CMRA every year. Skyline WMA has a lot of dirt roads. Some of them are very rough 4wd trails but most are doable on a large dual sport or even adv bike. Wheeler WMA has a good bit of dirt roads as well. If you want to go a bit farther, we found a lot of relatively easy dirt roads/trails in Franklin Forest in TN. There is one very hard trail down into the Cove up there. Prentice Cooper is a bit farther East. It's a fun place to ride and camp. There's no cost for either as it's public land. They do close it to riding during some of the hunting seasons though. Most of the riding up there is not very technical.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Muss

Wow. Cool. Thx for good info.  I bought a map of trail up near Franklin. Tn dirt devil I think it's called.  Supposed to be over 100 miles of dirt trail.  Hoping winter will provide some decent weather after I get my new rear tire next week. 

griff

You're welcome. Franklin Forest that I'm talking about is nowhere near Franklin, TN. Franklin Forest is directly south of Monteagle, about half way to the AL/TN Line. Franklin TN is south of Nashville.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Muss

Oh ok.  That's pretty area. Been to foster falls couple times.