TN dirt devil mission abort. Glad my battery kicked it!

Started by Muss, December 16, 2015, 09:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muss

Strange topic title no doubt. I was excited about checking out the TN dirt devil after having purchased the map. Took the day off yesterday had to ride on the most amazing December day I can remember. Took back roads through Ardmore at up thru Pulaski. Was approaching Columbia when my battery went on strike right after this pic.

Jumped it easily but decided I was better off heading back towards home rather than get myself in bind not being able to start it. Well that didn't last long as I saw this little stream I just had to cross.

Yeah the bike stalled right before I got to it. I coasted across it and then proceeded to push the bike up hill about 10 or 12 times trying unsuccessfully to jump it. Strip down to my jeans sweating my ass off it teased me a couple times started and stalled. ...etc. finally got it going choked it got my gear back on and decide to stick to roads. . 

Some other pics Pulaski area.

Stumbled onto the trail of tears :

I say glad my battery kicked it because I  sumbled on this amazing area between Pulaski and elkmont

Just littered with small country roads in varying states of repair winding thru ridges and valleys, draws and hollows. Plenty of places to pop off-road check out trails and fields.  I literally spent 3 hours exploring and barely any off road as u was concerned about stalling.  Anyway I highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guidedawg

Glad you didn't get stranded.  That looks like some great exploration area.

Chitza

Wow. Great pics, Muss. Sheer determination right there, not letting the bike gremlins stop your adventure. Kudos.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

klaviator

Nice report!  Last year's Nowhere 2 B dual sport ride went into that area.  At least I'm pretty sure it did.  I was just following along and didn't really know where we were.  It was a fun ride unfortunately the ride ride report got wiped out when the forum crashed.  One of my pics from the ride:

Muss

That looks pretty cool. Riding stream bed or flooded road?  Got my battery replace. Ready to rock again.

KevinB

I'm off most of next week (Tues. - Sun.) if you decide to head back up there.

Muss

Hell yeah!  Check back in see what weather gonna do

Muss

lazeebum

It ain't raining this weekend.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Muss

Yeah I'm wanting to get out Sunday.