News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Need HELP, no not that kind ....

Started by polarissalesman, February 23, 2016, 08:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

LuAnn & I are planning a few days away the 1st week in May, we have a cabin rented over between Ft Payne and the Jawjaa line...What I need HELP with is where to go , maybe eating joints, sites to see, roads to ride ....yes I know about the falls & covered bridges, I'm looking for the hidden gems...any help with suggestions will be appreciated ...
"keep the rubber side down"

jrobinson

Wildflower Cafe in Mentone.

Ride CR 176 around the rim of the canyon near Little River Canyon.

You have Buck's Pocket and High Falls near 227

Cornwall Furnace Memorial Park

SpeedyR

go to SandRock. I think it's also known as Cherokee Rock Village or something? Just north up the mountain from Leesburg off 68. Used to be dirt road but now it's paved and a very cool place to spend an afternoon wandering around the rocks. I know of at least one film that was filmed there- a rock climbing scene from "failure to launch" in the main gulley between the pinnacle and the big rock behind it.

assuming you've been around Little River canyon and know to go thru there and check out the falls on the north end.

Nice Goat

"The Spot" Cafe in downtown Fort Payne.  Nice place frequented mostly by locals.  Lots of sofas and comfy chairs.  Great coffee.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chuck A.

You have got to check out the Sallie Howard Memorial Chapel in Mentone Al. Not far from the state park. The church was built with a large rock half in and half out of the building.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

polarissalesman

OK guys & gals this trip is fast approaching.... thanks for the  ones that gave places but I'm always open for more.... 

jrobinson

http://www.drivelookoutmountain.com/ This takes you to the top of lookout mountain. There's a pulloff where you can watch the hang gliders. There's Ruby Falls and a Confederate Memorial Park once you get to Chattanooga. You can make your way off the mountain to Chattanooga for food and entertainment.

Take Scenic Hwy and 89 then a left on 613/Desoto Falls Road. It deadends at the falls.

polarissalesman

Hey Johnny, we are going to rider over your way one day to eat at Pikeville Deli Would love to meet up with you and Sandy if we can work it out....

Too anyone else that lives in the area we would like to meet up and ride .... 8) just give me a shout... we will be in the Ft. Payne/ Mentone  area  May 4th-8th

jrobinson

There's Russell Cave near Bridgeport if you are going to be at Pikeville Store.  https://www.nps.gov/ruca/index.htm

I'll try to meet up with yall at Pikeville Store. Sandy is working just about every Saturday. It's not too far from work, so let me know even if during the week.

Barry's BBQ at Fyffe has a great buffet on friday and saturday after 4pm. Along with bbq, fish, chicken and 4-5 vegetables, they have ribs on saturday. Make sure to save room for the homemade ice cream. It's out in the middle of nowhere, but worth the drive. 85 Co. Rd. 527, Fyffe, Ala

Hwy 117 from Stevenson up to Swanee Tn is a good ride.

polarissalesman

Quote from: jrobinson on April 19, 2016, 08:27:58 AM
There's Russell Cave near Bridgeport if you are going to be at Pikeville Store.  https://www.nps.gov/ruca/index.htm

I'll try to meet up with yall at Pikeville Store. Sandy is working just about every Saturday. It's not too far from work, so let me know even if during the week.

Barry's BBQ at Fyffe has a great buffet on friday and saturday after 4pm. Along with bbq, fish, chicken and 4-5 vegetables, they have ribs on saturday. Make sure to save room for the homemade ice cream. It's out in the middle of nowhere, but worth the drive. 85 Co. Rd. 527, Fyffe, Ala

Hwy 117 from Stevenson up to Swanee Tn is a good ride.

I will give you a heads up  .... I had already looked at 117.... I may go on up to Sweanee to look around Beautiful campus, been awhile since i was there...