Quote from: DonJuan on December 03, 2017, 08:42:29 PM
Lots of scraping gaskets off,
New top end
Boyesen reeds
new coolant
New Rotella
Inspected wheel bearings (all good)
A few craft beers
Got 'er all put back together, and didn't have any leftover parts. Just so my neighbors will continue to like me, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to fire it off.
...and new grips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good lord man, that's the best looking e I've never seen ! we'll have to rectify that sometime. congrats, it's freaking sweet to have an isdt/isde champion in the stable the man would be proud to throw a leg over !
http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=176
just give 'er the berries !

DonJuan

Quote from: kylepeterson on December 04, 2017, 05:12:08 PM
good lord man, that's the best looking e I've never seen ! we'll have to rectify that sometime. congrats, it's freaking sweet to have an isdt/isde champion in the stable the man would be proud to throw a leg over !
http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=176
I turned on my fuel and 4 seconds later all three overflow hoses were overflowing ...  I guess I got the float height wrong

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

kylepeterson

Quote from: DonJuan on December 04, 2017, 05:54:16 PM
I turned on my fuel and 4 seconds later all three overflow hoses were overflowing ...  I guess I got the float height wrong

make sure the float needle is even there... not saying I've ever left it in the bowl before, but. .

DonJuan

Quote from: kylepeterson on December 04, 2017, 06:20:07 PM
make sure the float needle is even there... not saying I've ever left it in the bowl before, but. .
It was in there... but sticking a bit.  I honed out the needle valve seat with some 1000 grit.  Put it all back together and... it did it again.

So, I figured the float must be getting hung up on something.  I shaved the fins (parting lines) off the sides of the float, smoothed out the part line on the jet block, and ever so gently bent the overflow pipe, up and toward the center (away from the float).  Reinstalled it all back on the bike and gave it a try.

However, before I turned the petcock on, I put some empty cans on the overflow pipes, just in case... Due to the fact that I was prepared for a fuel spill, the Carburetor Gods took mercy on me and the damn thing worked as intended.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

LawnmowerRG

I don't know how many of you remember Mark (custom cab)
Did a couple things to his XR650 today. You guys that know him give him shout. He said he is going to start riding again.
First was a new Baja Design LED head light and a set of blinkers.

The shop lights are on.

Then a new rear rack with a little down sizing of the rear tail light assembly.

The new setup includes a Baja Design LED tail/break light.
LED blinkers and LED Tag Lights

Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

DonJuan

Fired up the KDX tonight. No gas leaks, don't bog. Needs some carb fine tuning after finishing the break in.

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

DonJuan

Quote from: merc16 on December 02, 2017, 03:50:02 PM
Out with the old, in with the Rizomas !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I like that blue ZRX! I had a 2000 Black/silver/ gold bike and loved everything about it except for 6th gear.
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

merc16

Thanks ! It's always a work in progress.

Justin

KevinB

Installed Flexx Bars on the 200 to hopefully reduce or eliminate my hands going numb after @ 30 minutes of riding. Also treated it to some new handguards to replace the bent Enduro Engineering guards (I crash a lot).

kylepeterson

dropped some unreliable , untested, unbent bars on. this should be good for another ten minutes.

merc16

Added some brake lines to the 07 :

Now I don't have to do this when I want to stop,

https://youtu.be/hBhlQgvHmQ0
Justin

maydaymike

Removed the engine from my '65 Honda Dream,  and disassembled the top end.  The engine seized on a ride a few months ago and Ive finally gotten around to seeing what's up.  I was hoping for a seized piston.  I found a piston with a hole in it,  and a connecting rod seized on the crankshaft. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

merc16

I take it a rebuild/resurrection is in order for the lil' Honda ?

Justin

merc16

If I can't have a Super Duke at least I can have SD turn signals.

Justin

jrou111

Fixed the front tube in the GasGas, then went and rode in the snow.