News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What did I do to my bike today

Started by Argh Oh, September 12, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

I didn't know those Giant Loop luggage mounts existed, have to check my bikes and see if I have good places to put them,

KevinB

Mosko Moto has some similar mounts...I ordered four yesterday (along with a Reckless 40 system).

https://moskomoto.com/collections/hardware-parts/products/cleat-kit

IceCold4x4

Finally. Tore the rear suspension apart and in. The process of rebuilding it entirely. Rebuilt the shock and re sprung it. All. New linkage bearings and waiting on the swing arm bearings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yamahamer

Some much needed brake fluid change on the Kow. Now it can actually stop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DonJuan

Replaced KLR subframe bolts, left side fell out, so I put two high grade bolts in, with blue loctite.

On the KDX , I had a suspicion that my lean condition in midrange was caused by my lean fuel ratio.  Drained the 32:1 premix from the KDX, and replaced it with 50:1. She likes the 50:1, Crafted with kawasaki oil. No more plug fouling, starts smooth, and runs like a scalded dog. A few little screw adjustments and she was doing alright.

Found this after returning from the test ride.
A quick look inside the KIPS cover revealed a loose KIPS shaft keeper screw.  Cleaned it up, and reset it with some loctite.

Oh my, it's running tight now. I'm ready to ride, next time there's an opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

Fencejumper09

Quote from: KevinB on January 19, 2018, 10:27:39 PM
Mosko Moto has some similar mounts...I ordered four yesterday (along with a Reckless 40 system).

https://moskomoto.com/collections/hardware-parts/products/cleat-kit

Dang I really want that Reckless 40!!

After I rebuilt the front master cylinder I decided to freshen up the fork oil! I don't think they have had new oil in a while!

While doing this I found an issue or TWO with my brake line! Looks Like I will be bleeding again next week!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

yamahamer

Never trade bikes in the cold rain , you will miss things.
Sad part is it wouldn't have been a deal breaker if he would've just been honest.
Leson learned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fencejumper09

Damn that sucks! Was it a hole that went all the way through?
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

yamahamer

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on January 31, 2018, 08:12:08 AM
Damn that sucks! Was it a hole that went all the way through?

Just a T shaped crack that started leaking. Could've ended very bad. It would've been nice to know it was there before I flogged it down the road.

KevinB

That was a pretty d'bag-ish move to pull on a fellow forum member.  >:(

KevinB

Heading to Colorado this summer for a dual-sport ride, so I've started prepping the bikes with armor for rock-impact protection and adding some luggage capacity (haven't decided which bike I'm taking yet).

Trail Jammer clutch cover armor, and a used carbon fiber pipe guard off eBay for the Husaberg...

The 640 got a Flatland Racing skidplate to replace the stock plastic spitball guard and a ProMoto Billet cargo rack...

Whichever bike makes the trip, it'll be pack-muling a Mosko Moto Reckless 40 luggage set.

Fencejumper09

Hey, something is up with my brakes. Must be time for a rebuild. Nah, you are just an idiot!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

IceCold4x4

I broke lots of stuff yesterday. Bent bars and bark busters. Broken shifter, and a smoked clutch and something inside the engine isn't happy. And tons of mud to clean off...

merc16

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on February 04, 2018, 11:10:06 AM
I broke lots of stuff yesterday. Bent bars and bark busters. Broken shifter, and a smoked clutch and something inside the engine isn't happy. And tons of mud to clean off...

Is the rider ok ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

IceCold4x4

Quote from: merc16 on February 04, 2018, 11:34:41 AM
Is the rider ok ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Beat and bruised but otherwise OK.