What did I do to my bike today

Started by Argh Oh, September 12, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merc16

Good to hear !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

merc16

Changed the rear turn signals to some oem KTM signals for the 07. Now I'm melon shape signal free !

Justin

kylepeterson

Dropped a couple phones on the bars to make sure I could stand having two going at once.... Self guided hard enduro is coming up and I want to have redundancies.

Swapped to a higher compression head...

Cut off an old kips cover to make a 1.5cm spacer for the resonating chamber. Supposedly this makes for a much more grunty bottom end power range. Between this and the higher comp head, it works very very well. I tested jetting and the other two changes on some harder single track last weekend and was happy with the tractor abilities being improved a good bit.

just give 'er the berries !

Mulley

Quote from: kylepeterson on February 06, 2018, 07:39:17 AM
Dropped a couple phones on the bars to make sure I could stand having two going at once.... Self guided hard enduro is coming up and I want to have redundancies.

Swapped to a higher compression head...

Cut off an old kips cover to make a 1.5cm spacer for the resonating chamber. Supposedly this makes for a much more grunty bottom end power range. Between this and the higher comp head, it works very very well. I tested jetting and the other two changes on some harder single track last weekend and was happy with the tractor abilities being improved a good bit.

I have zero machining abilities, this fascinates me.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

merc16

I installed some CRG Lanesplitter bar end mirrors. Now I can see behind me and they give it a much cleaner look.

Justin

IceCold4x4

Quote from: merc16 on February 18, 2018, 12:31:35 PM
I installed some CRG Lanesplitter bar end mirrors. Now I can see behind me and they give it a much cleaner look.

Stock mirrors suck so bad they shouldn't have made it to production

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KevinB

Did some freshening up on the two-hunny...

New reeds and a JD jet kit

Motoz Arena Hybrid / Tubliss combo for the rear (old vs. new)

springer

Quote from: KevinB on February 23, 2018, 06:40:51 PM
Did some freshening up on the two-hunny...

New reeds and a JD jet kit

Motoz Arena Hybrid / Tubliss combo for the rear

COOL! How are you likeing the Tubliss system? Does the 100psi "mini tube" hold the tire well? How low do you run the pressures in the tire? 8psi, 10psi, or higher?

I wish they made one to fit the A.T. ...probably wouldn't help my riding though. It would just remove 1 more excuse for why I sux.  :D 
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

KevinB

Love it so far...I used it on  my Huskys (510/610) and currently have it on my Husaberg and the rear of the 200 (I have the Tubliss for the front, just waiting until I need a tire to install). I like not having to carry spare tubes...I carry a rope plug kit and a CO2 inflator.

I check both bladders before each ride (most of the time). I put @ 110 psi in the high pressure bladder, and it usually loses @ 5 - 10 psi after about a week or so. The low pressure bladder stays consistent. I run @ 8 psi for pure off-road, and @ 10 - 12 psi for dual-sporting.

Gam

Saturday actually. I had broken right rear turn signal stalk and burned out headlamp on the kLR. So I order an OEM turn signal, you can't just get the stalk. I put that on

unbolted the cowling and pulled it forward to get to the bulb only to discover that this resulted in breaking a front turn signal stalk

Examination of the remaining intact stalks revealed that they were cracked and rotten. Not wanting to spring for more turn signals, I ordered this KLR turn signal stalk delete kit off of ebay, they do away with the stalks and the signal sit closer in, I should get them Monday. Since the cowling was pushed forward, I took the time to check the wiring on my racing dash.

Changed a tire, but didn't use the SpeedyR valve stem insertion method, quick and easy never seems to work for me.

Fencejumper09

Quote from: KevinB on February 23, 2018, 10:29:41 PM
Love it so far...I used it on  my Huskys (510/610) and currently have it on my Husaberg and the rear of the 200 (I have the Tubliss for the front, just waiting until I need a tire to install). I like not having to carry spare tubes...I carry a rope plug kit and a CO2 inflator.

I check both bladders before each ride (most of the time). I put @ 110 psi in the high pressure bladder, and it usually loses @ 5 - 10 psi after about a week or so. The low pressure bladder stays consistent. I run @ 8 psi for pure off-road, and @ 10 - 12 psi for dual-sporting.

I have heard that with the high pressure bladder that every time you check the pressure you lose nearly 5psi! May be internet bs but with the low volume I believe it!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

KevinB

I use a bicycle floor pump with an integrated gauge on the high pressure bladder. On the low pressure bladder, I use a tire gauge and loose @ 2 psi each time I check it.

Fencejumper09

I have a set of Tubliss ready to install when I need new tires on the YZ!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Mulley

Quote from: KevinB on February 23, 2018, 10:29:41 PM

So what do you consider the benefits of Tubliss on a dual sport?

I love it on my single track bike. I have front and rear and go as low as 5psi with a tire that has stiff sidewalls. I've even ran 0 psi to get up an extremely muddy hill in a race. I feel like the number one benefit of Tubliss is being able to run low pressure. No need for that on a dualsport though. If it wasn't for this I would just run a heavy duty tube.

I would still suggest carrying a tube with you. A 21 inch will work in the rear in an emergency. Just in case you pop a bladder. Otherwise, you are screwed.

Springer, I really don't see your AT gaining any performance benefit from running a Tubliss.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

KevinB

For local D/S riding, I just carry the plug kit. I figure that should cover most punctures, and if the hole is too large the high-pressure bladder provides a full bead lock to run it flat until I can get home. In the event the high-pressure bladder gets toasted, I figure I'll call for a ride or tow. :)

On longer trips away from home, I still carry either a tube or a spare high-pressure bladders and spoons.