Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What did I do to my bike today

Started by Argh Oh, September 12, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonJuan

Quote from: kylepeterson on May 09, 2018, 12:53:25 AM
started the refresh process

If I ever have to split mine apart, I'm calling Kyle!
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

DonJuan

Added a shiny new clutch perch and lever to the KDX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

KevinB

Drove to Memphis earlier this week to pick up another dual-sport (450 XCW) off Craigslist. Bike looked solid and well set up...I gave it a good once-over and a test ride and all seemed copacetic.

One envelope full of cash and a handshake later, she's ready to head home...

Got it home and decided to go ahead and do an oil change. I couldn't see the sight glass in the seller's driveway due to the sun, but didn't even think twice that there'd be any issues.

Then I dropped the drain plug...  ???

I drained and refilled the crankcase three times, until all the caramel milkshake was gone. Wondering...had it been sunk and taken in water, or was it coolant transfer? Checked the rads...almost dry. Refilled the cooling system and noticed a slight tinge to the water...most likely oil. Could be a head gasket, or maybe just a bad water pump seal.

Checked the easiest/cheapest issue first. I ordered the parts from Rocky Mountain ATV at 10pm Wednesday night, had 'em on my doorstep at 11am Thursday.

Water pump seal was toast...almost literally. Looks like heat damage?

The seal almost disintegrated while removing...the rubber was brittle and it was almost welded to the impeller shaft.

The impeller was full of splooge...

New pump cover gasket...

Fingers crossed that this fixes the problem...

Also flushed the cooling system to remove any remaining snot. Now she sits, waiting for more farkling over the next few days...

IceCold4x4

Looks like this transmission has an extra gear....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

merc16

Nice John. Looking forward to some pics of bike at Barber.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

IceCold4x4

Quote from: merc16 on May 12, 2018, 07:23:51 PM
Nice John. Looking forward to some pics of bike at Barber.

Hopefully I'll get some good ones.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

merc16

Out with the ol' dinosaur T'rex frame sliders and in with Titanium-yum. I even went with a L/S  Ti engine bracket and removable frame section Ti bolts. It is only the beginning of Big Blue's Ti addiction.

Justin

gulfcoaster

Got out for a little ride early this morning before the heat becomes too miserable. No fancy app or GPS to call me a liar, so let's say avg speed 45 and Max 60(yeah right).

Nice Goat

Rode 198 miles this weekend, including a lot of dusty roads and creek crossings.  Got home and changed the oil & the oil filter, cleaned the air filter, and cleaned dirt off the bike.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

Picked up a few items at Harbor Freight...

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

gulfcoaster

Quick Father's day trip to the mountains.  Avoided the Gap, rode the skyway and Wayah Rd.  Stopped for lunch in Franklin, and got trapped by storms. So we bought some beer, got a room, and called it a day. Pic of my dad with our bikes at one of the lookouts...

kylepeterson

replaced stator (loctite fix#1), flushed radiator, oil changed, checked valves, cleaned/adjusted pumper carb, checked every single nut and bolt for torque, washed (gasp! ) her, printed the forms for South Dakota, and put her away.

not a bad little wheelie booger for $300.

just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

Quote from: Nice Goat on June 11, 2018, 08:21:30 PM
Picked up a few items at Harbor Freight...

That harbor freight lift is GOLD!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

gulfcoaster