News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

3-19-16 street ride

Started by klaviator, March 19, 2016, 09:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I posted a ride in "lets ride" at the last minute and got a few takers.  The weather forecast kept changing and it looked like it would be a cloudy day but as is often the case, the weather guessers were wrong as I got up to a mostly sunny day.  I rode over to the Chevron in Gurley and was soon joined by three riders all on Triumph Tigers.

We headed out to ride some twisty roads and enjoy the nice day.  It was still officially winter but signs of spring were everywhere.

This was on Keel Mtn.

Interesting that one of the signs of spring around here are the white trees.

We rode the downhill twisties on CR33 and then had lunch at the Pikeville store.  It was nice enough to sit outside and eat which was a good thing since all the inside tables where full.

After lunch it was more twisty roads.

It wasn't a real long ride but we rode a lot of curves and it was good to get out and ride.  Thanks Zach, Vanessa and Mark for riding along.

griff

Looks like a fun time. Those white trees are bradford pear trees.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

zdc1775

Vanessa and I had a great time. Look forward to the next ride.

klaviator

Zach, make sure you let Vanessa know that she did great on the ride.  The roads we did were about as challenging as paved roads get.  A lot of new riders would have freaked out on those steep hairpins.