News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

North Alabama Street Ride Sat 3/26

Started by klaviator, March 24, 2016, 03:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Saturday looks like a beautiful day for a ride, 75 and sunny.  Not sure yet of the route but rest assured it will involve lots of curves and lunch somewhere. 

Kicks stands up at 10:00 AM from the Chevron in Gurley. 

polarissalesman

:( sure hate i never get Saturdays off anymore........work gets in the way off too many good rides.
"keep the rubber side down"

Johnny Tobyone

Ride to Foster Falls near Tracy City ??
R1200R
CRF450L

klaviator

Quote from: Johnny Tobyone on March 25, 2016, 10:06:28 AM
Ride to Foster Falls near Tracy City ??

I have never been there.  We could ride there.  I was thinking of going to Monteagle anyway.

Johnny Tobyone

It's about 15 minutes from there...  right off the road
R1200R
CRF450L

Johnny Tobyone

I plan on going may have one or two others
R1200R
CRF450L

klaviator

Great.  I'll see you tomorrow.  There are a lot of great roads going up to Monteagle then I'll let you lead us to the falls.  Let's plan on lunch in Monteagle unless someone has a better idea.

I'll be on my Versys.  The pace will be sporty but for anyone wanting to ride slower we will wait at all turns.

Stabbed Rat

Looks like a great day to ride, count me in. 

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

BuckeyeDoug

Quote from: klaviator on March 25, 2016, 01:58:32 PM
The pace will be sporty but for anyone wanting to ride slower we will wait at all turns.

A new definition for sporty in my book!  Loved it!  Now I need to tweak the suspension a little to stay comfy in my new sporty range (a more suited bike would be too noticeable in the garage!!).  Hope to do it again.  Thanks for allowing me to participate, and I don't think I slowed you down or did anything unacceptable, which was my goal.  Please PM me on Tuscaloosa's status.

klaviator

Quote from: BuckeyeDoug on March 27, 2016, 11:18:44 AM
A new definition for sporty in my book!  Loved it!  Now I need to tweak the suspension a little to stay comfy in my new sporty range (a more suited bike would be too noticeable in the garage!!).  Hope to do it again.  Thanks for allowing me to participate, and I don't think I slowed you down or did anything unacceptable, which was my goal.  Please PM me on Tuscaloosa's status.

Glad you could join us and welcome to the Bamarides forum.  I always looked back at every turn to see if everyone was still with us and you where always there so you certainly didn't slow us down any.

I didn't get a lot of pics since I was leading but here are a few:

lk2rd

Checking in from Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville.  Initially, we thought my leg was broken but, it's not.  What happened was my knee was completely dislocated which caused all the ligaments to be torn.  In a case like this, they normally get you to surgery pretty quickly but, the doctor that we want was out of town.  I'll probably have surgery tomorrow or Tuesday.   Thanks to everyone for your concern and help.

Nice Goat

Quote from: lk2rd on March 27, 2016, 06:07:31 PM
... I'll probably have surgery tomorrow or Tuesday.   Thanks to everyone for your concern and help.

Get well soon!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Johnny Tobyone

Get well soon lk2rd . You were a real trooper while waiting on the medics !   
R1200R
CRF450L

klaviator

Now for the "rest of the story".  We did have a crash on this ride.  lk2rd crashed and was taken away in an ambulance then flown to Nashville.  His bike did not appear to have any major damage but was towed away since he couldn't ride it.

lk2rd, I'll pray for a successful surgery and quick recovery.  I'll second what Tobyone posted, you were a real trooper waiting for the ambulance.