News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Guess where the picture was taken.

Started by klaviator, March 30, 2016, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

It's been over 48 hours with no guesses so time to move on.  The last pic was on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP.

Hopefully this next one will be easier:

gulfcoaster

I know this one. But I don't have a tag to contribute. New phone with no pics. But that mower is bad ass. The owner cranked it up for us and rode it around. Used to have a video of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yankee Dog

This game is a little different.  You don't have to have a TAG with your bike in it.  Just a photo you took while visiting a place on your bike.  Opens up the possibilities

klaviator

Quote from: gulfcoaster on July 16, 2016, 06:54:55 AM
I know this one. But I don't have a tag to contribute. New phone with no pics. But that mower is bad ass. The owner cranked it up for us and rode it around. Used to have a video of it.

I did take more pics of that mower.  It made me think of Tim the Toolman Taylor and his racing mower.

Go ahead and tell us where it is and just pass on the next pic to whoever wants to go next.  I started this thread to stimulate activity on the forum, not to go strictly by a set of rules.  Go out and take some pics on your future rides and next time you'll have something to post.

gulfcoaster

That would be the country store in shady valley on the snake. Great ride. Took it from Bristol TN all the way to Boone NC IIRC. I actually enjoyed that better than the Dragon's Tail.

klaviator

Quote from: gulfcoaster on July 16, 2016, 08:35:26 AM
That would be the country store in shady valley on the snake. Great ride. Took it from Bristol TN all the way to Boone NC IIRC. I actually enjoyed that better than the Dragon's Tail.

There is some great riding in that area.  Since you don't have a pic I'll post one to get things going again.

Hint: one of the steepest paved roads I have ever ridden.

Yankee Dog

CR43 over by Orbix Hot Glass and Little River Canyon. I was on that ride for pie. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yankee Dog

Either what or where will work.  Double points for both. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian A

Not many people are playing along these days......

I did not know so I used the interweb to learn more.

Landing Ship - Tank  325
Evansville, Indiana

http://www.navsource.org/archives/10/16/160325.htm

my pic - City and state please.
(if you don't know by looking at it, then Google will give you the answer)

VWCarlos

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Yankee Dog

Quote from: Brian A on July 19, 2016, 08:10:54 AM
Not many people are playing along these days......

I did not know so I used the interweb to learn more.

Landing Ship - Tank  325
Evansville, IN

No double point bonus.  The photo was taken in Decatur when LST 325 passed through a while back.  We took a tour through the inside.   Waay cool.

Brian A

Quote from: VWCarlos on July 19, 2016, 01:39:07 PM
Sawtooths in Idaho

Idaho - yes
But gotta have the city.  (Hint - google the name on the building in the picture)

Yankee Dog - I bet that was one neat boat tour.

Yankee Dog

Stanley, ID.  In the Sawtooth Mountains.   

VWC.   Why don't you take this one as I am running short of photos. 

VWCarlos

Since I just got this bike in September I don't have a ton of pics of cool places I have traveled on my bike. (Don't worry I am working on this issue) If this was cool places you have been in a VW bus, I would have tons to share. So here is my contribution to this thread and just know in the near future I will have better, more interesting places to share.

Hint: Catfish Capital of Alabama... Or so I was told.

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100