News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Guess where the picture was taken.

Started by klaviator, March 30, 2016, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

Quote from: Chuck A. on April 30, 2016, 06:03:57 PM
Is it the Lazy G at Union Springs on Greenbriar Cove Road?

You got it.  Next....

Chuck A.

Had to try and disguise it a little.........Name and town please.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

kdtrull

That looks just like that Bar-B-Que joint in Tellico Plains across from the Hardees.....Krambonz???

Chuck A.

Not enough disguise for them sharp eyes I see. You are right, have at it.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

kdtrull

'Nuther local one.  They gots Yellowhammers flying all over the place sometimes:

Yankee Dog

That is the little private waterfall/cave/natural bridge? Over by Guntersville.  Cottonville road. 

Yankee Dog

I am sure I am right.  Just not sure of the proper name for the place.   I'll put up the next one anyway.  Might be a tough one. 

jrobinson

The burial place of Sgt. York, located in Pall Mall Tennessee a few miles North of Jamestown in Fentress County just off Highway 127. Buried beside Sgt. York is his Beloved "Miss Gracie".

jrobinson

Yankee Dog

Quote from: jrobinson on May 01, 2016, 08:21:08 AM
The burial place of Sgt. York, located in Pall Mall Tennessee a few miles North of Jamestown in Fentress County just off Highway 127. Buried beside Sgt. York is his Beloved "Miss Gracie".

Good job.   I didn't think you t would go that fast. 

jrobinson

York gave me an idea and google confirmed it.  :)

kdtrull

Quote from: Yankee Dog on May 01, 2016, 07:49:42 AM
That is the little private waterfall/cave/natural bridge? Over by Guntersville.  Cottonville road.

You are correct BTW.  It is disputed if that is actually the Whitaker homestead.  That's what I always called it.  But you never know without talking to the owners.  They rarely come out for visitors....understandably.  I've never talked to them.  But, they don't seem to mind fat, dirty men walking around and taking pictures.

Apparently, they are very concerned about quarry blasting operations nearby that might collapse the natural bridge.  There were petitions nearby to stop the blasting, last time I was there.

jrobinson

Staying with the rules, since nobody guessed the last one I posted.

The Old Shelby County Courthouse is a defunct courthouse in Columbiana, Alabama. It was built in 1854. It served as the courthouse for Shelby County until 1906 when a larger court facility was built. It also served as Columbiana's city hall. Since 1982, it has housed the Shelby County Museum and Archives and its operator, the Shelby County Historical Society

New pic posted.
Here's a new one along the same lines.

LRobinson

Jackson County Courthouse (in Alabama).    I remember that one from trying to follow Glen's courthouse ride on the old forum.  I only made about 25 of them, but it was fun.   Home of the first trial of the Scottsboro Boys.

LRobinson

Hint:  This bridge has ALWAYS looked like it leaned to the east to me.   It is on a AL state Hwy with the same number as the name of the Talking Heads first album.   You still need to identify the loation :)