News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Check your gear!

Started by 01YZF6, June 14, 2016, 03:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01YZF6

So I pulled out my jacket and pants to go for a ride. Something did not feel right to me in one arm and the legs.
Yup... ce armor have had cracked into pieces, and was deteriorated!

Both pieces are joerocket....both are 2 years old, less than 5000 miles ridden, never abused, climate stored . And we're gifts, so no receipts.
Those who know me know I ride ATGATT, and now these are useless.
I know I could buy new ce armor, but looking at $75 to replace all 6 pieces.... ugh

Emailed joerocket, waiting on a reply.

So check your armor!

01YZF6

Yankee Dog

Interesting.   I pulled the back protector out of my five year old JR Phenix and put it in my Tourmaster mesh jacket.  It was still in great shape. 

SpeedyR

buddy found the same thing with a Klim D30 armor recently. less than 2 years old, and split in half. I know he was contacting Klim but haven't heard back from them yet.

LawnmowerRG

Man that sucks.

I am going too Force Field. This makes me want to start upgrading my stuff sooner than later.
http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=62
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

klaviator

I've got some pretty old Joe Rocket gear.  The oldest is around 20 years old.  I have never had any issues with the armor.  Of course, back then it was not CE approved.

I don't know if there is any truth to this but some guy at a bike shop, I don't remember which, told me that Joe Rocket changed owners some years back and the quality has gone down.  My newest Joe Rocket gear is nearly 10 years old.

01YZF6

Hjc and Joe  rocket merged in the helmet development projects. Not sure on the gear.

Both my sons jackets are JR too and have no issues.  But they are 5+years older than this stuff .

01YZF6

Guess I should not have been surprised...
I was not aware that the gear was  over 5 years old, as I received it new with tags just over  2 years ago... oh well

Thank you for contacting us.  We're sorry to hear about the armor in your gear.  We offer a one year warranty on manufacturer defects. Even though you may have received the gear as new. The pant was last offered in our 2011 catalog.  You also have a jacket which was  last offered in our 2009 catalog.  To purchase armor you'll need to o through a dealer.

Below are the part numbers and retail prices. (elbow and knee armor are the same part number)

CE elbow             659-1005              $24.99/pair

CE knee                659-1005              $24.99/pair

CE shoulder        659-1006              $24.99/pair

LawnmowerRG

That is not to bad on price. Guess we need to start checking the age of gear too now.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

01YZF6

I'm just going to end up buying a new leftover or blender jacket for half the price and swap padding I think

Slede

checked my jacket, it's still there. same heavy leather jacket I've worn sence the mid ninety's
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Yankee Dog

It's hard to beat leather.