What is your favorite EATING destination in STATE ...

Started by polarissalesman, September 18, 2016, 03:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

This one of our favorite destinations when we are in NE of the state  Pikeville Store and Deli in Scottsboro..... WARNING they are closed on Sunday & Mondays . Also you had better be there a little before 11 to get a seat....  http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/06/alabamas_best_cheeseburger_fin_6.html
"keep the rubber side down"

Al Goodwin

"Chef Troys, Talk of the Town" in Houston, Al. right there surrounded by good riding in Bankhead National Forrest......and, in February they have a special Mardi Gras menu that includes some fresh Cajun cooking....

Weekend and daily specials that aren't on the menu.

This place is our lunch stop for our "Dual-Sporting the Free State" ride every spring....

.http://www.cheftroystalkofthetown.com/?page_id=9

polarissalesman

Quote from: Al Goodwin on September 20, 2016, 05:47:45 PM
"Chef Troys, Talk of the Town" in Houston, Al. right there surrounded by good riding in Bankhead National Forrest.....

Me and a buddy ate there 2 Mondays ago, Jeff was amazed ....I'm with you it has to be UP near the top ... plus there aare some great roads in the area along with beautiful scenery..

VWCarlos

When ever I am near Ashland, I always stop by Casinelli's. It's a small cafe type place in the middle of the town square. They got some great sandwiches but the main reason I stop is the fries. They are cut in house very thinly and fried to a crisp. They are so good. I do a lot of backpacking up in the Cheaha wilderness area and this place is my first stop after getting out of the woods. Of course there is a lot of good roads in the area as well.

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

maydaymike

Another vote for Chef Troy's.   I've never had a bad meal there.  This place in Double Springs is pretty good too.
  http://www.saporegrill.com/

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

polarissalesman

Quote from: maydaymike on September 30, 2016, 07:37:10 AM
Another vote for Chef Troy's.   I've never had a bad meal there.  This place in Double Springs is pretty good too.
  http://www.saporegrill.com/

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I haven't trie sapore grill but I have heard good things about it.....

griff

It's no in state, but I'm going to share it anyway. Sernicola's in Cowan, TN. This place is a family owned Italian restaurant. They have very good pizza. We stumbled across them while we were dual sport riding in the area. We've been back multiple times since.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

IceCold4x4

One of my favorites in the entire state is mudtown eat n drink here in cahaba heights. Though there is something to be said for the dew drop Inn in mobile. Something about that place just hits the spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

polarissalesman

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on October 04, 2016, 07:06:15 PM
One of my favorites in the entire state is mudtown eat n drink here in cahaba heights. Though there is something to be said for the dew drop Inn in mobile. Something about that place just hits the spot.

Just visited their website, they closed in May   

The Sernicola and Pearson family agreed to make 2016 the year that we retire from the restaurant business.  And so our last day in business was Saturday, May 28, 2016. 

We love and appreciate you, our customers, who became part of our extended family.  Your loyalty, your patronage, and your friendship will always be remembered.

Although Sernicola's is closing, we are still involved in the business community through our sister business, the Franklin-Pearson House.  And Cowan, of course, will always be our home.

IceCold4x4

Quote from: polarissalesman on October 04, 2016, 07:23:44 PM
Quote from: IceCold4x4 on October 04, 2016, 07:06:15 PM

Just visited their website, they closed in May   

The Sernicola and Pearson family agreed to make 2016 the year that we retire from the restaurant business.  And so our last day in business was Saturday, May 28, 2016. 

We love and appreciate you, our customers, who became part of our extended family.  Your loyalty, your patronage, and your friendship will always be remembered.

Although Sernicola's is closing, we are still involved in the business community through our sister business, the Franklin-Pearson House.  And Cowan, of course, will always be our home.
I think you quoted the wrong post. Had me worried there for a minute about the dew drop