News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Unconventional search for gear

Started by Chitza, October 22, 2016, 02:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

I've been looking for a good pair of summer gloves since the Cortech model I love has been discontinued. I was stumbling around Facebook and found these.

What's not to love? Light weight, slash resistant, and they don't impede dexterity. They are $50 but if they work, I'll call them worth it. Available in sizes down to XS. I'll do a review when they come in. Since it's warm enough to be wearing summer gear :/
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

bblass

I ride in a similar pair of hatch gloves sometimes. While they're not as protective as the cortechs, you can't beat the dexterity and comfort. You're going to be really happy with your purchase!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Slede

I may have to order two pair of those. thanks for the link Carla
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Chitza

They're here!!

Reviews after I play in a parking lot with them tonight 8)

KrisCook

That tread pattern looks like you'll get great traction in the rain!   ;)
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Slede

When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Chitza

221B Tactical glove review:

I wore my new gloves for the first real ride on Sunday(riding the VLX distracted me from a true assessment of the glove. I had other things on my mind 8) ).

The gloves are very well made with reinforced stitching on all seams. I like the overall look of the glove as well. All of my issues with the glove come down to fit and purpose. I ordered the XS as there was no real sizing guide on the website. They are obviously a men's XS as they are still too big for me. I have tried on other men's XS and they fit pretty much like those, so my assumption is that they are true to size.

The glove is constructed with reinforced palms and fingertips with cut and abrasion resistant materials. They are lined with what is essentially a butcher's glove, cut resistant material. The liner is sewn in to the finger seams which prevents the liner coming out when you take your hands out.

The cuff has a good, sturdy high quality closure and an ample tab for pulling the glove on.

What didn't work for me:

#1 The size - because it was too big for me(too long in the fingers and palm as well as too wide across the palm), it allowed the glove to bunch up when my hand was wrapped around the handle bar. Not a problem on short rides, but became irritating after about 30-45 minutes in to the ride. I put clips on the sides of the palm to see if a better fit would resolve this problem and it made a big difference. Not functional for riding, but let's me know that issue could be resolved with better fit.

#2 - airflow. This glove has 360* protection, which is necessary for an officer in a knife fight, it's intended purpose. As a moto glove, it is better as a cooler weather glove. There is airflow, but not what I would like for warmer weather(which was my need in a glove). The straight cuff also allows cool air up the sleeve, making it less effective as a cold weather glove where a gauntlet would cover the sleeve cuff and divert air flow.

I would recommend this glove to anyone who does not have the concerns I mentioned above. Larger hands will find a better fit than I did. It's purpose is not as a summer riding glove so it is better as a cooler weather glove. If you want it for the purpose it was intended, i would absolutely recommend this glove. I'm still going to wear these gloves when the situation is appropriate...for short, cooler rides ...and for knife fights  ;)

lk2rd

Quote from: Chitza on November 02, 2016, 07:37:20 AM
I'm still going to wear these gloves when the situation is appropriate...for short, cooler rides ...and for knife fights  ;)

Looks good for purpose.  However, I avoid knife fights- I carry a firearm. ;)

Slede