Allsport Saturday Shift January 28th Polar Bear Ride

Started by Campbell92, January 04, 2017, 11:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campbell92

Well its a new year and time to start back on our monthly rides. This will be a cold one, we aren't calling it the Polar Bear Ride for nothing.

This ride will consist of a loop lasting several miles throughout North Alabama. This riding event will begin at Allsport at 10am and end at Allsport. When we arrive back from the (hopefuly) frigid ride (you know how Alabama weather can be) we will have free HOT lunch to warm up with along with hot chocolate and hot coffee.

We will have a special guest talking about his recent ride in Alaska and he will show many pictures and videos of his adventure.

We open at 9am so feel free to arrive early to pre-game with a cup of joe, mingle with riders, and purchase any last minute winter riding gear if needed.

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU!! REMEMBER TO DRESS WARM!!

PLEASE LET US KNOW HERE IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN US OR LET US KNOW ON FACEBOOK ON OUR EVENT PAGE!! (WE NEED TO MAKE SURE ON HEADCOUNT TO PLAN FOR FOOD ETC.)

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

I already have plans for the morning but should be able to make it to Allsport by around 11:00 so count me in for the free food and the presentation. :) 

lazeebum

I'm going to try and make it.  Thank y'all for sponsoring motorcycle related events.

maydaymike

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

Campbell92

Our guest speaker came in today and gave me his presentation in whole and it had me wanting to take a long road trip. I was really impressed to say the least. Tell every rider you know about the ride. Even if it is not cold, we should still have a great time!

Campbell92

The weather report keeps getting better and better. As of right now we are looking at a high of 51 degrees and sunny for Saturday with 0% chance of rain. Not quite polar temps, but we will have a great time regardless. Who all is ready to ride??

Nice Goat

I was planning to be there, but now my daughter has a basketball tournament on Saturday.  Y'all have fun!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chuck A.

Next it will be softball, then volley ball, then back to basketball,,,,,,, Been there, 12 years of it. Oh, and soccer till she was 14.

Enjoy it Goat. Memories are priceless.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Campbell92

trying to get a last minute head count for food. Let me know ASAP

klaviator

I won't make the ride but I'll be there for the food.

Chuck A.

How did this go? Morning was cold but afternoon wasn't bad at all. Lot of riders took advantage of the warmth. I had plans to make this but my work said otherwise. I did get in about an hour of riding before dark.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

klaviator

I had something else to do that morning so I missed the ride.  I did go to Allsport to pick up my Versys and hang around for free food and the presentation.  I got there before the ride got back.  A father and son showed up on a couple of small scooters so I talked to them a bit.

It's always nice to see scooters, it's pretty rare around here.

Got a pic of the bikes after the returned from the ride.

I hung around for the free pizza then listened to part of the presentation before getting caught up in a conversation with Timbo64.  For those who don't know him he's always looking for another bike so we talked bikes for a while. 

I also spent some time drooling on the Smax.  I'm pretty sure that will be my next scooter.  I'm also starting to eye the WR250 as my next dual sport. 

Campbell92

We actually past those scooters after crossing the river bridge.