News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Got me a new bike!

Started by DachshundUberAlles, February 25, 2017, 09:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DachshundUberAlles

Drove up to Bessemer on the 23rd to pick up my new bike from Pinnacle, a 2017 GROM. I "needed" a pit bike for the upcoming track day season and it had to be street legal so I could also use it at Vintage Fest and general plodding around. I fear the initial purchase price was just the beginning of the cash that I will be parting with on this thing, as I'm already eyeing the Ohlins fork kit and rear shock for it. I remember laughing when I first saw this bike introduced and I'm still laughing now, except it's because of how much fun this little joker is to ride. I've managed to see 60 mph out of it, crouched in tight, the peg scrapers are grinding away nicely. Pure friggin' hooliganism, and all done while remaining UNDER the posted speed limits.
Gotta love it.

There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

springer

Motorcycles, BIG or Small = FUN!!!!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator