News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Show us your bike related pics..One pic per day!

Started by Shepcam, September 10, 2015, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Some of you may remember this guy from the BamaRides days.

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

klaviator

norton73

A very muddy, slippery, and snowy vintage trials event from a few years ago.

norton73

An old scan of Lynn riding her TL125 at a Mick Andrews trials school;

norton73

British and European Bike Day 2009 in MD

Bob, sitting on the bike, rode a similar bike at Daytona when they raced on the beach in 1949. He was 4th in the amateur 100 mile race. Joe, standing to the right of the bike was his mechanic.

norton73

67 degrees yesterday, so took the KLX out for a couple hours.

Guidedawg

There is no motorcycle in the pic, but it is bike related

Your Dixie ABATE members served breakfast to legislators and staff in the statehouse and were able to hand out written information on our position for 3 motorcycle-related bills in the house this session.  It was a good meeting to get the word out.  Special thanks to our own Kris Cook for her diligent work in organizing and encouraging in these events.

norton73

norton73

norton73

norton73

norton73

Merkur Man

Is that picture actually from Barbers? I have been there many times and have never seen that one.
It kind of looks like a bench for sitting on. But what the heck is that long thing sticking out from the right side...

norton73

Quote from: Merkur Man on January 27, 2022, 08:41:47 PM
Is that picture actually from Barbers? I have been there many times and have never seen that one.
It kind of looks like a bench for sitting on. But what the heck is that long thing sticking out from the right side...

Another view;

It is up on a hillside between the swapmeet/parking area and the inflatable church.  I think the "long thing" is a baton held by a "bystander".

It's actually a group pulling a chariot or cart with the "guy" holding the motorcycle standing in it.

I think this was one of several sculptures that were originally at Health South on 280 that got bought by Barber and moved. I don't remember the details now, but instead of a motorcycle, the "leader" was holding a book. Some people believed it was supposed to represent a group praying to Richard Scrushy.

More info that I googled after I started this post;

https://www.al.com/living/2014/12/a_skeleton_in_the_elevator_ins.html

"A sculpture that has drawn controversy because it was once owned by Richard Scrushy, the founder of HealthSouth Corp. who was convicted of fraud. HealthSouth donated the sculpture from in front of its headquarters called "Pulling the Wagon" to the park. Barber said some visitors say it brings bad memories but Barber was interested in saving the art piece. He decided to change its message slightly by having a figure at the center of the statue holding a motorcycle above its head."