Main Menu

Confessions of a Struggling Rider

Started by Chitza, April 17, 2017, 12:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goodwin

Quote from: springer on April 20, 2017, 08:06:53 AM
Quote from: IceCold4x4 on April 19, 2017, 10:18:04 PM
Quote from: Fencejumper09 on April 19, 2017, 01:09:23 PM
I grew up riding and racing motocross but not really much street until I got the supermoto wheels! Ever since then I have really struggled trying to find the limit of the bike and the tires. I have never ridden anything with this much stick! It is pretty amazing though when I feel like I am going along pretty good and "someone" on a WR450 sumo blows by you and rails through the next turn. It really makes me realize that I am the limiting factor and not the bike setup.

I know that I find myself making similar mistakes as you when it comes to watching the bike in front of you (I have followed Al G. straight into a ditch before!) and I also find myself over-thinking things trying to ride like so-and-so that I saw on youtube. The days I have the most fun are the days where I just let things go and ride my own ride! One day I hope street riding will bring me as much joy as single track!

So when's the next cone killing day?!?

I think it's about time we hit up keith codes superbike school.
IN!

I'd reccomend Ed Bargy race school....ride your own bike.  I went through his school back in '93(DAMN >:(, that's a long time ago)  It's well worth the money.  You'll learn more in one day of his school than you'd ever learn on the street.

http://www.edbargyracingschool.com/

norton73

Riding is a constant learning experience. No matter how long you ride or how good you think you are, there's always room for improvement. Be it handling corners, accident avoidment, or new skills such as dirt riding vs street riding, if you're not expanding your skills, you are probably not as good as you think you are.
Loose nut holding the handlebars