If you could only own 1 motorcycle.....

Started by Brian A, April 22, 2017, 03:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyR

1290 adventure. superbike motor, decent enough for dual sport stuff, embarrass sport bikes at track days, and just a fun all around bike...n

Fencejumper09

Of course I am going to say my KTM 690 Enduro

21/18 Wheels w/ ground clearance for anything but the gnarliest hard enduro

17" Sumo for twisty roads and track days.

With the right seat the bike is bearable for a 200-300 mile gravel road day

I love this bike and it takes me where I want to go and as I only have 1 (running) bike....THIS IS THE ONE!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

Forget about the mean wing, Fencejumper? You're at two now pal!

I'd have to go with a Vstrom 650. It did nothing spectacularly but most things very well. It was comfortable, quick enough and always made me smile. Are there better bikes for particular applications? Most certainly! But you'd be hard pressed to find a two wheeled machine that can fill more roles than a Wee-Strom.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Mulley

This discussion comes up often and I never have a good answer. I hope I never have to make this decision, that will be a sad sad day.

But I think I have to choose a Can Am Spyder. I know I can ride it when I get older. Riding motorcycles is all about being safe and secure and being able ride forever, right?

I'm kidding.

I would probably pick a KTM 690 Enduro but a very, very close second would be a DR650 with the Aussie FFRC ultimate suspension upgrades, a Lectron carb and a Seat Concepts seat. Of course 17" SUMO wheels would be required for either choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdLm9sXzdo&feature=youtu.be
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

norton73

Tough call, I like several of my bikes too much to ever get rid of them.

Of the ones I currently own, I'd have to go with the '92 R100GS, It's been toured on, sport ridden, fire roaded, and even single track.

Part of it is I like bikes I know well and have complete confidence in working on without dealer assistance.

Watching the video that Mulley posted though, makes me think a DR650 would be a good choice, if only I could ride that well.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

skywayrider

Wee-Strom 650 just because I had one and it was the best all-around bike I've ever had. Cheap to own and gobs of farkles out there and great gas mileage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

merc16

Despite what I own now and if it was only one bike. It would be a difficult decision between a 2017 Aprilia Touno or KTM SDR 1290. I want it bad ass and sexy ! I still ain't explored enough asphalt to think about a dirt oriented bike.
Justin

Al Goodwin

Mine would be a KLR.....it was my only bike for many years, served me well.  Melony and I done a 600+ mile day 2-up....I've ridden it in a 24 hour off-road endurance race, rode it to Indy for the MotoGP race, and put tens of thousands of miles commuting on it....KLR's can do it all.