News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge

Started by Brian A, May 19, 2017, 06:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian A

This might have already been mentioned somewhere here. If so, I didn't find it.

This is the thing: http://www.perrymountainmotorcycleclub.com/2017-24-hour-challenge

Myself, Allen Goodwin, David Metallo, James Rouhani, Jeff Adams, and another guy, "Thor" (Mulley and I rode with him in Colorado. He lives out of state.) will be fielding a team in the 6 Bike division.

We decided to make it, uhhhh..... "interesting" so we are fielding a team of large displacement, street legal Dualsport motorcycles. Probably be about the equivalent of a bunch of plow mules in a race among thoroughbreds, but we hope to be "fan favorites" and gain a load of sympathy points  ;) .

If you have nothing planned for Memorial Day weekend, consider yourself welcome to ride down, hang out, and have a laugh or 30. I will be leaving Bham area Friday morning to get down and get my stuff set up. I think a few others might arrive sometime during the day on Friday as well.

It really should be a fun time. Race starts at 10:00 am Saturday and ends 10:00 am Sunday.

So throw your camping gear in your truck or car and ride down and join us for some fun.

Who knows? You might just see history being made!

But I wouldn't count on that.  :D

Brian A

Mulley

I love this. I'm so jealous that I couldn't participate.

The Heavy Hitters rock!
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

2smoke

Gas Gas is offering demo rides at the event

gulfcoaster

I wish I could see this!  I hope there's some GoPros to catch the action. I'll be rooting for the 950SE's.

IceCold4x4

The wife is making me go to the beach that weekend. I was telling David I should do the iron man on the junker kdx. Currently debating how much trouble I would be in if I said oh well to the beach trip....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SpeedyR

Quote from: 2smoke on May 19, 2017, 08:17:18 PM
Gas Gas is offering demo rides at the event

maybe no one will notice if I swap out the 950 for a gas gas for a few laps???

should be fun. I hope the weather co-operates and I can get a few things done on the bike this week. I haven't ridden the 950 is about 2 months but looking forward to hanging out with my friends for part of the weekend.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on May 21, 2017, 02:00:06 PM
The wife is making me go to the beach that weekend. I was telling David I should do the iron man on the junker kdx. Currently debating how much trouble I would be in if I said oh well to the beach trip....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Just tell her the beach is WAY TO CROWDED on the holidays, and you'll take her another time when y'all can have more time together, without all the crowds...

Ha...it's worth a shot.

Al Goodwin

Fencejumper09

I am so ready and not so ready for this all at once!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Brian A

If any BR folks decide to show up, plan is to have an Aprilia EZ-Up for our Pit Area. Look for that and you should find us.

(Thanks to Mulley for loaning the EZ-Up)

Mulley

Quote from: Brian A on May 26, 2017, 08:01:31 AM
If any BR folks decide to show up, plan is to have an Aprilia EZ-Up for our Pit Area. Look for that and you should find us.

(Thanks to Mulley for loaning the EZ-Up)

It's fitting that you have a streetbike branded ez-up. Since none of you are riding "dirt" bikes.

If you want a T-shirt I suggest you buy them as soon as you get there. They will run out of popular colors/sizes.

Post a link to the living timing. I can't find it.

jrobinson

Updates,, we need updates

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Chitza

The guys are on their second cycle. They are running about middle of the pack. A few crashes. No blood has spilled. No bones are broken. They are riding on.

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Mulley

Quote from: Chitza on May 27, 2017, 04:38:15 PM
The guys are on their second cycle. They are running about middle of the pack. A few crashes. No blood has spilled. No bones are broken. They are riding on.

The old man looks whooped already.

Do you have a link for live timing?