News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Valentines Day in July

Started by Chitza, June 14, 2017, 10:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

Inspired by Glenn and Nela's ride to NC/TN, I propose we do a couples weekend ride. There will be a home base and several routes/attractions identified. Couples will choose their own route, ride alone or with others. All will be invited, but encouraging others to spend time with their significant other. Steak grilling and candle light for the group in the evening. I'm looking for locations and dates. Cherohala Mountain Trails campground is my first choice, but it may be overdone. Any interest or suggestions?
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Al Goodwin

Sounds fun, but, if Cherohala Mountain Trails campground is the place...it'd need to be in the fall, that place gets HOT in the summertime.

Something farther North, and higher elevation is better in the summer.  Mile High Campground, up from Maggie Valley is nice and cool in the summer even, but it stays pretty full.

http://campmilehigh.com/

Blueridge motorcycle resort has PLENTY of room, nice shade, and a cool river right next to the campgrounds.....That'd be my suggestion.

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

klaviator

I agree with Al, It's too hot in Tellico Plains.  Blue Ridge Cycle Camp is great but quite a bit further away.  Two Wheels of Suches is also at pretty high elevation and not so far away.  I would be interested in doing this.  My vote would be to do it in Suches.
http://twowheelsofsuches.com/ 

Iron Horse is also a very nice place.  I think it would be a little cooler than Tellico Plains.  It has the most amenities of any of the motorcycle campgrounds including some nice cabins and even RV spots http://ironhorsenc.com/

another option would be to stay someplace air conditioned.  Maybe get a big cabin or something.  This would be more expensive and require more planning.

Based on my work schedule, The weekend of July 7-9 would probably work best for me. 

Chitza

We can always consider another date(later). Just thought it would be easier for folks while kids are at grandma's or summer camp.

klaviator

Maybe Labor day weekend since it's a long weekend?

Al Goodwin

Melony and I will be riding, SOMEWHERE, the weeks of July 5-15....We could meander around to wherever for the weekend in July.

Chitza

I talked to Blueridge Moto Campground. They have cabin availability for the weekends of July 14, 21, and 28. Meaning right now they have 3-4 queen bed cabins available on those weekends. Who's interested?

Chuck & Susan

The weekend of July 22nd would work for us.  We would need to know pretty quick to get dog/kid babysitting arrangements. 

What does everyone say?

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

Non of those weekends work for me :(  We will never find a weekend that works for everyone so if you can find one that works for a few couples then go for it.  We can always do another weekend later.  For me BRMC is a real stretch on a normal weekend.  It's a lot further than CMTC or Suches.

norton73

Lynn &I will be at the International Norton Owners rally in VA July 16 -21. Weekends on either side of that are probably out as I will either be on call or needing to catch up around the house after being gone.
Sounds like a good idea, maybe later in the year will work for us.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Chitza

I've been waiting this out for a couple reasons. There's a BIG ride later this month, to be revealed, for which I will have some responsibilities. This is still on my radar but thinking about the recommendation of Labor Day weekend at Cherohala Mtn Trails.

klaviator

So Valentines day in July will be in September? :o   Being a holiday weekend the cabins will fill up way in advance. 

Chitza

This ride is postponed still for a more appropriate time. It's not forgotten. I just have something else planned for Labor Day. You can find it in Planned rides.