Dixie ABATE meeting 2 PM tomorrow: Saturday, August 19, 2017: Eagle Vision Cycle

Started by KrisCook, August 18, 2017, 04:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrisCook

Tomorrow looks like a great day to be riding up to beautiful Chandler Mountain!  After a meeting at Eagle Vision, I always used to enjoy camping up at Horse Pens 40.  I can't be away overnight now, so I'll have to hump it back home after the meeting.

Dixie ABATE is this state's motorcycle rights organization.  We exist for three reasons:  First, to advocate for driver education - we go into drivers ed classrooms and teach the kids how and why to share the road safely with motorcycles, second, to encourage rider training - we have a scholarship fund to help our members pay for rider education, and third, we keep an eye on Alabama legislators, ensuring they don't pass legislation that concerns us, that we have no input toward. 

Granted, most of the year, there's no legislation going on, but it's still important that we are organized, so we can move fast if we have to.

We also lend a hand to our members' families, in case of an accident.  We keep billboards up over major highways in Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, and Montgomery, at a cost of $2000 per year each.

We meet every other month, in different places around the state.  Membership is $20.00 per year, single membership, or $30.00 for a couple. 

Come on out tomorrow!  If Eagle Vision is too crowded, we'll go sit on a rock at Horse Pens and have our meeting there.

Eagle Vision Cycles
3967 Co Hwy 42
Steele, AL 35987

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom