News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

My choice to continue to ride.

Started by Al Goodwin, October 23, 2017, 06:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goodwin

Thanks for all this input, all good information.

I've been riding since my 9th birthday when my father bought me a Kawasaki KD 90 for my birthday, that was 1974...

Now, many more years later, I ride often, although not as often as I did just a few years ago.  I do enjoy the ride still today, my wife and I ride somewhere at least once a week.  My wife has ridden her on bike years ago, before we met, she now has no interest in riding alone again.  Her fear has limited her confidence in others, thankfully she still rides with me.  I'd much rather she ride with me than alone on her own bike.....

Motorcycles and riding is my passion, has been for many many years....it will continue.

I tell guys at work that I feel motorcycles are safer than cars/trucks, although it's a stretch, but there are factors that can back me up on some things.  Anyway......

Good discussion, y'all continue please.

jrobinson

You are safer on a motorcycle while avoiding an accident, but safer in a car after impact.

We also operate a motorcycle at a higher state of awareness. I also believe our defensive skills developed on a bike translate to a safer driver in a vehicle.

renchinrider

Quote from: jrobinson on October 25, 2017, 08:04:14 PM

...We also operate a motorcycle at a higher state of awareness. I also believe our defensive skills developed on a bike translate to a safer driver in a vehicle.

I agree with you 100% on your last statement, Johnny.  I know it has made a big difference in the way I drive--and also the way I look out for others, whether on motorcycle, bicycle or on foot.
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

jrou111

I actually prefer commuting on a bike vs driving a car. But I try to bend the rules in my favor when I can:

(that video wasn't sped up or slowed down btw)

Al Goodwin

Quote from: jrou111 on October 25, 2017, 11:30:37 PM
I actually prefer commuting on a bike vs driving a car. But I try to bend the rules in my favor when I can:

(that video wasn't sped up or slowed down btw)

This SHOULD be legal everywhere. 

Just think of the traffic congestion ease if just 1/4 of those trapped in this were on bikes, filtering safely.

Although not legal in Georgia.....I say GOOD JOB