Started by jrou111, September 10, 2015, 02:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrou111

Yesterday was rainy so I decided to do some riding where it was a little drier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXolyOmYMjY

Argh Oh

Glad you had your gear on.  :o

KevinB

I'm getting the itch for that "new bike" smell...  8)

TFancher

Hello my name is Tony and I'm a motoholic.

Seriously thanks for getting us back on the road. Looking forward to riding with my old friends again soon.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

KevinB

Quote from: kwb377 on September 10, 2015, 03:59:28 PM
I'm getting the itch for that "new bike" smell...  8)

Itch has been scratched...

jrobinson

Nice looking bike, Glenn, er I mean Kevin.

KevinB

Gonna ship it over to Glenn's for a week to get farkled...  :)

jrobinson

Careful, he'll sell it when he's done

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

terryrussell1

ThumperTriple

Nice looking Versys, my FJ is feeling pretty lonely around here.

lastparrot

During my ride yesterday a rider came up behind me.  While I normally love having company this encounter was kind of odd.  Maybe not.   I'll let you decide.  I am pretty sure this person used their horn several times when they first came up behind me wanting me to let them pass.  Thinking this, I slowed and took to the right side of the road, the rider didn't pass me.  I waved, they didn't pass.  At this point I decided to just go ahead and ride my ride.  During the next several miles they would get a little too close to me for me to be comfortable.  Here is where I feel I made a mistake.  I started riding faster, letting this individual push me a bit, not much but I was just wanting a relaxing cruise before the afternoon's busy schedule set in.  Eventually they pulled off, but I realized that I didn't get what I wanted out of the ride.  Don't get wrong, loved to be out riding since it was a near perfect day but that has stuck with me for some reason.  Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.  How do you handle such things?

springer

Quote from: lastparrot on September 14, 2015, 08:37:20 AM
During my ride yesterday a rider came up behind me.  While I normally love having company this encounter was kind of odd.  Maybe not.   I'll let you decide.  I am pretty sure this person used their horn several times when they first came up behind me wanting me to let them pass.  Thinking this, I slowed and took to the right side of the road, the rider didn't pass me.  I waved, they didn't pass.  At this point I decided to just go ahead and ride my ride.  During the next several miles they would get a little too close to me for me to be comfortable.  Here is where I feel I made a mistake.  I started riding faster, letting this individual push me a bit, not much but I was just wanting a relaxing cruise before the afternoon's busy schedule set in.  Eventually they pulled off, but I realized that I didn't get what I wanted out of the ride.  Don't get wrong, loved to be out riding since it was a near perfect day but that has stuck with me for some reason.  Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.  How do you handle such things?
If they will not pass most of the time they just want you to pull over to talk. Talk about bikes, something they saw on your bike that interested them or caused alarm.
It is up to you of course to pull over. If you do not want to, don't.You could be in a huury to get somewhere or just not feel safe.  Ether way, is no biggie.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

lk2rd

When that happens, it's usually a beautiful women that owns several really cool bikes that she does all the wrenching on herself.  She wants to get to know you because you are so cool and you ride a motorcycle.  Happens to me all the time....then I wake up.