News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Alta at MAX Motorsports

Started by TFancher, November 11, 2017, 10:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sctparker

Quote from: Mulley on October 19, 2018, 12:32:41 PM
Insiders are leaking info that KTM is buying ALTA. I read that in a private group from someone that has a personal connection to ALTA management.

Take that as you may. I think it sounds credible given that KTM is known for buying up struggling competition like Husaberg and Husqvarna. They dabbled in the electric market already with the Freeride E. Is this good or bad? I don't know.

Harley Davidson was a stakeholder as of Feburary, 
(side note . the co-founders of tesla Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning were also investors in Alta after they got forced out of Tesla , so they may have saw how Musk was able to get 465 million low intrest loan from Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program by the United States Department of Energy. and wanted some of that action to fund motorcycle building )

Harley Davidson  partnered with Mission Motors to build the concept  live wire electric bike and Mission Motors closed their doors not long after. So it took Harley 8 months to put Alta out of bussiness

Or did Harley buy a bigger stake and  take  over to  bankrupt them so they could take over Alta Motors R&D

Frank Smith

Quote from: klaviator on November 12, 2017, 09:37:43 AM
Range and price are the two things holding back electric bikes.  Once they make those two acceptable I'll have one in my garage.
An electric scooter. Hmm.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F