News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

off the beaten path

Started by polarissalesman, November 19, 2017, 02:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

For some, another year of riding has come and gone. So what is everyone's projects for the offseason? upgrades? maybe a new bike?  As for me, I'm still riding as much as possible, still not as much as I'd like. As I am getting older I'm thinking more and more about downsizing to a lighter bike. I'd like to have a super tenere' but maybe a little more than I want to spend. Being I work at a Yamaha dealership I keep hearing about the T7 or the new MT models so I guess I will wait excitedly to see what is to come...

On another note, I am glad to see that Motorcycle Alabama is under new leadership. Looking forward as we move forward. This can be one of our best assets as a rider. There is a wealth of knowledge among this group.  There are people all over the state that is members. Think about being over in west Alabama and have trouble I'd bet there is plenty of members that would be happy to lend a hand. Maybe that is something that MA can look into a voluntary directory, a list of people that would help. This was done on another forum I am a member of, it list your area(town) contact info if you had a trailer or a shop. if a fellow member ran into trouble and needed help he or she would know who in the area to contact.

Ok enuff of my ramblings I look forward to the new path... I hope each of you have a blessed Thanksgiving and may you keep the rubber side down...
"keep the rubber side down"

Nice Goat

Sometimes it is difficult for people to ask for help, but that's what friends are for.

It can be difficult to maintain a list, but I would encourage anybody who needs anything, don't be afraid to ask! 

Help Out a Friend:  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?board=12.0

Or if you just want some advice on a motorcycle repair or maintenance problem:

Tech Talk:  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?board=5.0
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

renchinrider

Polaris, you are spot-on with your goal of each of us supporting each other as much as possible.  I don't know if everyone else is up for it, but I have no problem if my avatar information included my location (Huntsville).  Then, anyone on this forum who happened to be traveling to/thru Huntsville (or nearby) could contact me beforehand to let me know they'll be around, and state any needs they anticipate.  Doesn't mean I can always help them, but I can sure try.

Recently, another member stated in a thread that they planned to attend an event, which is distant from Huntsville.  When I saw their thread, I sent them a PM and let them know I plan to attend the same event.  When the other member responded, he even offered a spare room, should I need to stay the night!  In my mind, that is EXACTLY what this forum is all about, and I was humbled at his generosity, considering we have never met outside this forum! :)

Karla, Johnny, if you see this reply, please offer your thoughts on enabling us to voluntary post our geographic location within our avatar, and thanks!

See y'all on the road! ;D
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Chitza

We had a member map on BR 1.0. It had push pins you could drop on your location. It was tied to the member profile of the person who set the pin. Maybe we can create that again.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB