News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

FURKOT ... say it slowly if mom's around !

Started by kylepeterson, December 04, 2017, 05:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylepeterson

https://trips.furkot.com

there are tons of websites for planning moto trips. we're absolutely spoiled with all the internet connected resources available in this day and age. furkot has been developed very quickly, with extensive features for planning multi day excursions all across the globe.

yes, it's so super feature packed, might take a minute to get used to, and might even make you wonder why you ever started using it.... but there is so much to learn from it.

check it out if you have a minute...

but be prepared to spend some seat time soon !
just give 'er the berries !

springer

I would like a dirt only road map that can show the paved roads to and from there from here. (where I am  :D ) As I said in another post, in another topic, Gravelmaps is taking some figuring out.  :-X
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

kylepeterson

Quote from: springer on December 11, 2017, 04:57:01 PM
I would like a dirt only road map that can show the paved roads to and from there from here. (where I am  :D ) As I said in another post, in another topic, Gravelmaps is taking some figuring out.  :-X

I tried to reply this weekend from the campfire, but cellular was just too iffy. :-) (which is great!)

gravelmaps is awesome. you click a yellow highlighted road (which is a gravel road) and it gives the elevation profile, distance, who uploaded it, etc all in one area. then you can click the button to download a GPX file or EMBED link. very simple and easy to use.

once you have the gpx downloaded, you can display it on a phone/tablet/gps while you ride, or plot a route to it on your computer/phone/tablet. if you're lucky enough to live where there are lots of gravel roads, you can link them together into a nice long day or weekend ride.

:-)
just give 'er the berries !