Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Show us where you went dual sport riding today

Started by jrou111, September 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrou111

jrou111

kdtrull

Found two more creek crossings today, just NE of Lexington.
One concrete, one rock:

klaviator

Got a little dirty in the WWR this afternoon.

Joe Shimano

Joe Shimano

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Jwwr

A little more Lamar and Fayette County.

No sign of the post office except for the sign.

Been through here a few times. Never noticed this old log cabin till the county cut back the right of way.

A light rain settled the dust and gave the Shinko 244's a little more bite!

jrou111

We did a little night riding at the shire...

At lunch time I hit up my secret single track trail...

All in all, a good day (and night) to ride!

jrou111

Got to ride on some trails in Trussville today with Larry, Danimal and Graham. After I had already unloaded and geared up, I discovered that I managed to leave my keys at home!  :-[ They went and rode for an hour until I could make it back.

I got a ton of video, as usual. And as usual none of it looks exciting. The tight single track and rocky hills make me miss having a lightweight trail bike.   :-\

Anywho, some highlights...

On this slick hill, Larry went and almost went off the trail, and my back tire just spun on the slick rock under the leaves. Then Dan came back down to check on me and his front end washed out...

Then we went here, until we got run off by officer not-so-friendly...

After that Larry split off and we rode back all the trails back over toward Trussville. As usual, you can't see how steep the trail is (up or down) or all of the boulders/babyheads and root/rock ledges...

Then Dan offered a celebratory slow wheelie...

About 25 miles off road on single track and double track for me, slightly more for them. All in all, a good day to ride.  8)

LRobinson

Thanks for putting this together James.  I had a good time even though I only had about 3 hours to ride.   You are right on that one hill.   It is at least a 1/4 mile long and fairly steep AND it is covered in long rock sheets that are off camber.   In the spring and summer the rock is covered with moss and if wet it is near impossible.  In the fall and winter you can get traction on the leaves and straw but if you ever lose your momentum it is tough.

Because it is off camber and slick it was like I was drifting with the front pointed where I wanted to go and the rear at about a 15 degree angle to the right.   I caught traction in a little spot between the rock slabs and the front came up and I wheelied straight into the trees.    I guess that is where I lost the headlight shroud when the front wheel was up in the trees?   

Anyway, that caused you and Graham both to stop and restarting on that section is tough.   Sorry about that.  It was a good day to ride and I am glad I got the chance to ride for a few hours.     

jrou111

Today I rode all over the shire with Fencejumper, BBlass, and Graham. I managed about 50 miles of trails. This pretty much sums up our day...

Danimal

Quote from: jrou111 on November 14, 2015, 11:29:43 PM
Got to ride on some trails in Trussville today with Larry, Danimal and Graham. After I had already unloaded and geared up, I discovered that I managed to leave my keys at home!  :-[ They went and rode for an hour until I could make it back.

About 25 miles off road on single track and double track for me, slightly more for them. All in all, a good day to ride.  8)
Great ride.Here it is from my view point.

jrou111