News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Show us where you went dual sport riding today

Started by jrou111, September 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Jwwr

My quest to find new dirt roads continues. SE Fayette county and into western Walker. 

Sometimes those little side roads that don't look like much have some cool stuff. Like an old iron bridge across the Sipsey River.

Those rain soaked runners were slick!

Coal county. The dark colored roads are a clue.

Another old iron bridge.

Hen turkey somewhere outside of Corona.

I hope this refers to the wildlife and not the hunters!

Not coal country! Proper red clay.

Fowlers Crossroads.

Old mill pond

You can barely see parts of the old mill.

Coastal Plain views always look better in person.

BamaPhill

Got out and enjoyed this beautiful weather today.  @BKStewart took me on a tour around Guntersville.

First stop was Thompson Falls:

Guntersville Lake:

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

KevinB

Sunday, I rode with a few friends to the restaurant at Campbell Field in Blount Co. for breakfast...

{photo by Dave Debandi}

Then we headed north at rode some easy dirt around Smith Lake and Bankhead NF with a lunch stop at Chef Troy's...

{photo by Mike Hudson}

KevinB

Today I rode with a group of riders from the Alabama Dual Sport Riders page on Facebook. I hadn't met any of them before (except for our very own Kyle who showed up), and it turned out to be a great group and an awesome day of riding.

We rode 600-2 and 600-1 in Talladega Nat'l Forest.

{Some pics borrowed from @GS Noob}

We had a mother/daughter combo show up...mom was on a BMW parallel twin, daughter was on a CRF70. They swapped out for a few minutes, and Chasity did great on the big bike.

Jwwr

The ride to get the tag at Boshell's Mill got my dirt to pavement percentage skewed the wrong way. I'm also convinced that highway riding is much colder that dirt roads , even at the same speed!

Eldridge, the acoustics inside were really nice! It reminded me I need to repack my muffler.

Boshell's mill, If it was in Pigeon Forge it would be a tourist attraction.

I'm puzzled by this. Who dumps cross ties in the middle of nowhere? Some of which still look to be pretty solid. And why hasn't some good ole boy reclaimed them? I think they sale for about $8 a piece. There were 2 more piles behind these that you can't see in the photo.

klaviator

klaviator

KevinB

Got out for a couple of hours, found something interesting...

sctparker

Was the security gaurd not there?   The one I keep running  into there is always a **s

KevinB

Quote from: sctparker on December 29, 2018, 08:12:31 PM
Was the security gaurd not there?   The one I keep running  into there is always a **s

He pulled up at the end just as I was snapping that last pic. Older gentleman...seemed nice enough. Asked, "Out for a ride?", then we talked about the weather, kids and dopers trespassing on the property, and the road maintenance (or lack thereof) on Porter Rd.

sctparker

The fella I keep getting is  around 30 or so and fits the profile of someone living in his moms basement all of his life.  Before  porter road was closed from shady grove rd over to the fork at short creek it was in about in the same shape, and matter management/sylvan springs was able to get the road vacated mainly because of the shape it was in . I've heard they aren't maintaing short creek from parsons to the church on the other end on porter because land owners are wanting the road vacated

kylepeterson

a few of these are tagged, a few aren't.   they all rode dirt and dirt accessories today, so thats kind of DS

new years day ride 2019 was a blast.

just give 'er the berries !

DonJuan

Mostly road riding on the KLR up US411, from Moody to Weiss Lake. A few photos along the way. The  mercury said it was 65 degrees, but I was cold all day. I should've kept on riding over to Rome, but I turned around just north of Leesburg.

A riverside park in downtown Gadsden, complete with seagulls.

Obligatory Obelisk photo.

Creekside opportunity back in the neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R