News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Quick shifter.

Started by scrappyjon, September 27, 2015, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrappyjon

I've always wondered how these track bikes can do these super fast, clutchless shifting. I finally figured it out. Using the quick shifter kit, there is a sensor on the shift rod that triggers the ecu to either cut fuel supply or ignition so the gear can change while the load is off the tran.

Call me crazy and I know this is completely overkill, but I'm toying with the idea of putting one on the strom. I've seen a couple videos of them installed on sv's which are very similar bikes. It seems like it would be a ton of fun to hammer down on the throttle and shift instantly without letting off the gas at all.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Can you still use your clutch like normal to shift in slow speeds/heavy traffic situations?

IceCold4x4

Someone is currently working up a kit for the ZRX, I'll be buying one. The kit i'm looking at you can still use the clutch but you might get a backfire when doing so, not 100 percent if they've taken clutch position into the fuzzy logic box.

lostinbama

I have mucho experience with them. They are a game changer. Yes, you can still shift as normal if you want. Most won't work under a certain rpm. Mine only works above 4k. If it worked all the time, you have hell finding neutral haha

Just hold it wide open and shift. It's as close as seamless as we can get.