News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2018 Goldwing in the House

Started by catang5oh, February 28, 2018, 07:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catang5oh

2018 Wing rolling around Moody now, I sent the pic to a fellow rider. He sent me one back the next day when he bought it, beat me to it dadgummit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

catang5oh

Quote from: Nice Goat on February 28, 2018, 07:32:57 PM
Hope I can test ride one someday

Chattanooga had test rides Last Saturday!

catang5oh

I will let you know what I think, I am going to test ride that one soon!

Wife hates the seat on the 2015. As expensive as a seat is I might as well use the money as a down payment!

polarissalesman

"keep the rubber side down"

kylepeterson

Quote from: catang5oh on February 28, 2018, 07:31:42 PM
2018 Wing rolling around Moody now, I sent the pic to a fellow rider. He sent me one back the next day when he bought it, beat me to it dadgummit.

Is that fairing longer than the previous models?
just give 'er the berries !

springer

Quote from: kylepeterson on March 08, 2018, 07:32:39 PM
Is that fairing longer than the previous models?
If it is, it is just a bit. Everything else is actually(or looks might be the better word) smaller...except the engine. In person, I think it is a good looking motorcycle. 
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

catang5oh

The Bike is shorter and narrower than the previous. The fairing looks longer, but sitting on it my knee has about as much clearance as mine now, none!

I do think they improved it though, it sits very well. I am going to ride the DCT this weekend and I will post some feedback.

klaviator

I stopped by Freedom Powersports a couple of weekends ago hoping to check out the new wing.  I walked around and didn't see any.  So I asked a salesman if they had any of the new wings.  He said they had some and led me to two 2018 wings.  I had walked right past them and didn't recognize them as Gold Wings.  They are that much smaller and more sporty looking.  I'm 6-2, 34" inseam and the seating position felt good to me.

If I win the lottery I'd consider buying one of these ;D