Main Menu

Brake pedal extension

Started by cmhonda, April 05, 2018, 06:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmhonda

Quote from: springer on April 05, 2018, 09:30:16 AM
Close's thing I can find;

https://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/6357

From looking at it and reading the description, the lever is not longer but the pedal part is bigger.

If you are looking for something a bit "longer' then it looks like you will need to;
1. Find a fab shop that does "tig" welding. From what I have read, the pedal arm is made from aluminum? If so, the arm will need to be Tig welded.
A. They cut the arm.
B. They cut a piece of aluminum bar stock to the size of length you need.
C. They tig weld it in between the "cut" pieces of the arm. 
D. Then shape it to fit, giving the lever length and keeping the width/taper as close as they can.

Or you could see if they could just make you a arm the length you need.

Of course that /\ is going to cost you some $$$.

I would try the bigger pedal first myself, or just give myself time to get use to the stock pedal.

Oh, just one other thing. Compare the 250 L pedal to a stock XR650L pedal, a CRF 450 pedal, and a Africa Twin pedal. See if any of them might work. This could be the cheapest route.

Give me a minute and I can get a measurement of length for the XR650L and Africa Twin pedals.
Thank you so much for taking the time to research and sending the information that you did.  I'm overwhelmed with how supportive everyone is.
Taking it to a moto shop now to see what he recommends me to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LawnmowerRG

I don't know if you have figured this out or not?
Anyway it occurred to m about 30 minutes ago that a cheap foot peg enlarger might be the perfect thing to start with for extending the area and extending you break pedal.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.